Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
On Saturday, a man from Optimum Voice (our local internet and TV provider) will deliver our new modem equipped with two RJ-11's. One will be our house number, and one will be our fax number. We will be disconnecting Verizon (motto: "We can't do anything right")

The price for the voice line will be $20.00 per month with unlimited calls. The second line will cost $15.00 per month, also with unlimited calls.

Why is this message posted on this forum? Because I have been a faithful employee and proponent of the Bell System and its children for 40 years, but they have finally reached my threshold of BS. It is an historic moment.

I called several times last week to try to talk some sense into them, and I was disconnected and transferred so many times, I just gave up. I wish them well. Maybe when they are down to their last 45 subscribers, they will realize what fools they are.

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

Linked Banner to your Product or Website
Online Content
Good luck is about all I can say. I suppose OV isn't too bad for residential but they make Verizon look good when it comes to business. Personally I don't care how bad Verizon is, I would never give cable company telephone any recommendations business or residential. They are a bunch of clowns trying to be a telephone company. The only reason they've gotten as far as they have is because their slick marketing and low balling suck people in.

By the way, good luck also trying to get your numbers back from them if you decide to switch to someone else.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Words of wisdom Hal. Once again you are right on. Arthur sometimes you don't want to cut off your nose... well you know the rest.

Jim Hoey

SST Communications
Long Island, NY

631 956 0100

Jim Hoey

SST Communications
597 West Montauk Highway
Lindenhurst, New York 11757

631 956-0100

www.sstcom.com

Business telephone systems on Long Island and New York City like Comdial, Vertical, Avaya, Panasonic
Charter cable in our area now provides dial tone for business, what a joke. One of our customers with 6 lines signed up with Charter. The Charter installer was nice enough to extend their dial tone about 35 feet to customers phone system. They used 6 separate cat 5e cables, yes 1 cable 1 pair per line. Just one of many reasons why Charter is in financial trouble.
I might have posted this before, if I have, it's free.

Dan S

We get old too soon, smart too late
Online Content
Cable company techs are not telephone techs and never will be. Not only that, the cable companies they work for have no idea what installation material to provide or how installations should be done. Most DIY or sparkie work is on par with what they can do.

The customer has no concept of the way things should be and doesn't think twice that their phone lines are coming from a $10 Motorola Surfboard modem thrown on the floor someplace or how it will have to be reset several times a year. All they think about is the $19.95 per month.

You get what you pay for.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
Yup, you get what you pay for. And the corollary to that is when you don't pay a lot for abuse, you save your money, and the abuse stops.

I was once proud to be a part of the Big Telephone Company. Now they are just common criminals and even more obnoxious than I am. I will gladly reset my modem a few times a year to be finished with them.

Good riddance.

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

Good luck with fax over VoIP.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
http://www.telemarv.ca
Specializing in Nortel Norstar, BCM and Allworx VoIP Servers
mjw Offline
faxing over IP can be a crap shoot. Scanning your documents into a PDF and emailing is much better. Eliminates paper waste and file cabinets full of paper.
In my opinion fax machines will become the next VCRs as in obsolete.
I never had a problem with Time Warner's VOIP. Had their service for several years now.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
MJW, are you sure that Time Warner is using VOIP as their transport medium? Many cable companies, for example COX Communications in this area, are using simple multiplexed signaling. There is a huge difference between that and VOIP.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Cablevision may market their dial tone as voip but its not.

Once it leaves the cable modem & down the co-ax back to their switch its their own propretary signaling........ a more correct definition of the cable co's "voip" would be "Digital" dial tone.

Therefore Faxing over a Cable vision "voip" line is no problem whatsoever............

Avalon Services
New Jersey Voip Telephone systems voice & Data Cabling
www.avalonphones.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Advertising Sponsor
Most Recent 5 Post
How to subscribe to get full access.
by Ruben - 05/05/21 09:29 PM
OS UNI Card Version Question
by RM SYSTEMS - 05/04/21 04:53 PM
summit 100 no lines working
by davetel - 05/01/21 05:11 PM
MICS caller ID
by bditech - 04/30/21 05:57 PM
How do I edit my posts?
by Schreiber - 04/29/21 11:07 PM
Popular Topics (Views)
Forum Statistics
Forums93
Topics94,373
Posts639,627
Members49,454
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Today's Birthdays
LEGRANDS COMMUNICATIONS, odin5
Newest Members
Andrea Sau, eos90066, Sonic, ERA, Mackino
49,454 Registered Users
Get Tech Support Now! Click the banner below
Get Tech Support Now!
defencebyte.com
Antiransomware
Global Test Supply
EMP & Lightning Home Surge Protection
EMP - Click Here!
Top Posters (30 Days)
dexman 42
pvj 16
Ruben 14
bditech 11
Phone.com 300x250
300x250 Your Business Phone Service in the Cloud
www.aweber.com
landing page builder
NordVPN
Advertising Sponsor Spot 2
EMP Shield for Commercial - Home & Vehicle
Use Coupon code SAVE - Click Here!
Who's Online Now
26 members (Ruben, Curlycord, Touch Tone Tommy, newtecky, justbill, dexman, CyberLaw, Biztel Cuban Okie Tech, KRRath, gelehu, pvj, Silversam, hitechcomm, Daniel, JBean3329, MooreTel, metelcom, BobRobert, Skunky, dougster, Bob3470, ffej010, ssdr9163, Professor Shadow, Yoda, Mercenary Roadie), 347 guests, and 75 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
vpnproxymaster
Contact Us | Telephone System Tech Support | Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers.
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2021
Trusted Partners