Business Phone Systems

AtcomCloud Online Store
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Although there is still a chance that I will receive payment, I recommend that this outfit be avoided.

They called me on a Saturday afternoon in mid-November last year. The problem was threefold: 1) The customer's Definity G3i had a dead power supply, 2) it was a Saturday and 3) the California customer of CCC Technologies had "a maintenance agreement" yet CCC had no local help nor spares handy.

I drove to the site after locating two power supplies, routined the switch after replacing the power supplies and fixed up the escape codes on their SAT terminal (somebody screwed them up).

The friendly price: $600.

When I first presented my invoice, I was told that it was rejected because it had not been submitted within the required 10-day time period. What? Some rule they've got apparently....

Needless to say I went ape on them and threatened to sue (my attorney says that I can since they do business in California and that it's up to them to secure representation in my neck of the woods). They finally acquiesced to my angry broaches as they should. I reminded them that I had taken great care of them on a handshake deal over a weekend, and that I didn't appreciate the "eleventh hour" requirements that they never specified until the job was done. So much for trying to do business like a gentleman.

Though it's only been 3½ months, I suspect that my unanswered emails are a sure sign that payment ain't happening. I take that back, I DID receive correspondence from their A/P department who said that they can't pay their subs until the customer pays them.

The customer, of course, is a very, very large publication house (well over 300 magazines...trust me, you'd know who they were) and I doubt that payment for their "maintenance contract" has ever been an issue.

Avoid, avoid, avoid. And if anybody knows these clowns, give 'em a poke in the nose and tell them that it was sent by Tim Alberstein.

"Carry others as you climb" -- Tim Alberstein
Atcom VoIP Demo
VoIP Demo
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Is a mechanics lien against the end customer a possibility? And as a general rule, would this be recourse in most cases? Or would the end customer have to have called you or at least signed off on the completed job before you could file one?

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
I'm done work for them and had no problems.
That was a couple of years ago. I guess times have changed. Good luck and thanks for letting us know.

All my life, I've tried to use logic on idiots. It hasn't worked yet, but I remain ever hopeful. Maybe you will have better luck than I would:

If they are "waiting for payment from the customer" and the customer has a maintenance agreement (which, one assumes, covers this type of repair) then there is no "payment" from the customer to be waiting for.

See my point?

Good luck!

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
When I worked for a shop in the Chicago area, I did run into them a little bit. Their heads barely fit through the dock doors.

OP Offline
Well guess who I got a call from on Wednesday afternoon? Yes! It was the Accounts Payable lady at CCC Technologies. She rattled off a check number and promised to stick it in the mail right away. Haven't seen it yet, but I should give it until Monday before I determine the level of honesty I'm being dealt.

Note that the call came the day after I posted this complaint. Coincidence? Maybe. Or maybe one of my buddies here on the board said something to someone who...well, you know. Telecom is a very small world, and this board can be a helpful squeaky wheel.

I'll let cha know if that check actually ever makes it to the Villa Alberstein.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
As Hannibal Smith said....."I love it when a plan comes together"

well here is there info if anyone needs it....700 Nicholas Blvd.
Elk Grove Village, IL, 60007Phone:(847)427-2330

They also have a facebook page also...I hope u get paid...

A. S. Tech Communication, Inc.
559-776-1489
Al Rivas CEO
OP Offline
Check arrived! Woot!

Now certain things are coincidences, and this may be one of them. But I'd rather believe that this board wields a little power--even if we're technically no longer in the game of leaning on outfits that have payment problems.

Arthur, I couldn't agree more with your logic: the "monthly maintenance" payment should have left their hands and went straight to me.

Personally, I keep my overhead to an absolute nut. No fancy golf shirts with logos, no advertising, no vinyl wrap on the van, an all-you-can-eat phone plan and, most of all, I don't hire anyone that I can't afford to pay (even if the customer burns me). If I don't have the buffer for it, I pass on the job.

It's worked for me for a long time. Though I get hand-to-mouth occasionally, I've never burned a tech or paid late.

Is anybody currently doing work for this company? We've got some invoices that are a few months past due totaling about 4K and when we ask about payment status we get the "sorry we can't pay right now and I don't have a status of payment, I will let you know the minute I know something". Anybody experiencing the samething with these guys right now?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics93,686
Posts636,175
Members49,606
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
Today's Birthdays
cotton, JDK, jdkinney, Matt Knight, MCap, neh-telecom
Newest Members
Uranium-235, grahamw, Motel6Guy, JustAGuy, Dialtony
49,606 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 12
Yoda 9
dexman 7
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 12 guests, and 34 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: Business Phone Systems & VoIP | Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers.
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2022