web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#523588 11/16/08 07:12 AM
KLD Offline
Skip....hmmmm, wall mounting kit????
Many other brands used to do that.

Bill, call Graybar and ask for the "plastic" wall universal AllenTel screw type wall plate. No stainless steel here...but where the normal inner screws that hold on the cover plate there is a replacement "stud" to hang the sets on and hold the cover on...all in one. Without the studs it is a replacement for a surface mount plate (down low). I've taken a ton of them out...(Junk as far as I'm concerned).

Ken
---------
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#523589 11/16/08 07:42 AM
Think I'll let X-Blue find a fix. Until then I'll just continue as I have. Thanks for the info Ken.

Retired phone dude
#523590 11/16/08 08:57 AM
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
Skip....hmmmm, wall mounting kit????
Many other brands used to do that.
I was thinking more along the lines as a free item if needed , packed with new phones

it used to really get to me that the customer has just paid upwards of 200 for a phone and then you had to buy a 20- 30 dollar kit to hang it on the wall

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
#523591 12/07/08 03:38 AM
I just got this email From Mike Sandman regarding the wallmount problem

Bob

With all the variables involved, I am amazed when any voice and data technology works like it is supposed to.
#523592 12/07/08 03:40 AM
ITT Corinth has made 554 and 2554 single line wall phones for decades.
They're now called Corteclo. I would imagine that's what they're talking about?

At a minimum, I'd never mount the phone next to a jack. Leave the wall jack off, and put a surface mount jack inside the wall. I would personally just crimp on a mod plug to the cable, bring it through a small hole, and plug it into the back of the phone before I hung it on the screws. You may have to crimp it twice to get the polarity correct (then write down the way to crimp it on the cover of your manual for that system).

That's been the standard method for mounting many wall phones since the Merlin days. Some wall phone kits gave you space to mount the surface mount jack in the wall base.

If you have a single gang box in the wall, just leave the surface mount jack inside the box and use a cord to connect to the phone when you hang the screws.

You may find that the screw spacing is the same as that on a single gang outlet box if you hold a regular flush jack to the back of the phone?

If it's some kind of Chinese phone, they don't really follow standards until someone complains (they copy, but not necessarily exactly). They've never really used phones in China (not much copper plant there), so the guy who designed it probably had no idea.

It's expensive to change a mold, and if they already have phones out there it makes them incompatible with what's out there, if they change it now.

Have fun... Mike

Bob

With all the variables involved, I am amazed when any voice and data technology works like it is supposed to.
#523593 12/07/08 03:42 AM
Also got an email from Paul Lynch vp product development Xblue

When we first started working on this system we could get these wall mount plates almost everywhere, but now I too am having problems find them. I am working with some plastic manufacturers to see if we can get them or an adapter manufactured.

Paul

Bob

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,706 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Curlycord, JBean3329, mongo5150), 109 guests, and 248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024