Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#523850 10/01/09 05:51 AM
OP Offline
Greetings,

I've been given the task to research the replacement of the current phone system in our church. We are currently using an AT&T Spirit 308 system with 2 CO lines and 6 extensions (we have an independant line for fax, internet access is being handled through Verizon DSL).

For the most part, our needs are:

- Ability to expand to 4 CO lines and up to 12 extensions

- Conferencing

- Voice Mail for each extension with ability to transfer calls directly to VM

- Auto Attendant (particulary for evenings and weekends). Ability to dial by name would be nice, but not a deal breaker

- Message on Hold

- Ability to interface to a front door intercom/phone system in the future

We'd like to use our existing wiring if possible, though we might want to add additional jacks in some areas of the building.

Would something like a 45P w/ VM module be a good fit for our needs? If not, are there other alternatives you guys might suggest?

Dealers/Installers servicing NJ (New Brunswick area): Feel free to contact me through this board if you are interested on bidding.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Frank.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

KLD Offline
welcome TrinityEB !!!

Yes, the 45p would easily provide what you request. By adding each additional card for additional features, or interfaces to features, the system can do a lot for a very reasonable cost.

Please do contact local dealers....they are the real value in an installation. Any system is no better than the dealer/installer.

If you have any direct questions and a dealer has not contacted you, please contact X-Blue and they will connect you with a dealer.

:thumb:

Ken
---------
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
PM Sent

OP Offline
Originally posted by KLD:
welcome TrinityEB !!!
Please do contact local dealers....they are the real value in an installation. Any system is no better than the dealer/installer.

If you have any direct questions and a dealer has not contacted you, please contact X-Blue and they will connect you with a dealer.
:thumb:
Thanks Ken, I'm already reaching out to hitechcomm as he's in my general area. I've also had some conversations with two local contractors, one who recommended a NEC DSX-40 system, and one who's recommending a Toshiba CIX40 system. I realize that dealers are going to be biased towards the systems that they carry. I also know that the installation and service is every bit as important (if not more) than the product itself. That being said, I'm just trying to get some objective opinions and comparisons of what's out there.

Thanks again,

Frank.

KLD Offline
You are welcome welcome , Frank.

Ken in NYC and I met at a X-Blue Dealer's meeting...you are in good hands.

I deal in X-Blue and NEC (yes, the DSX-40 is a great small business system), and either would be a good fit....but you can be safe in knowing the reliability of the equipment of either system is good.

Good Luck.

Ken
---------
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Ken

Thanks for the nice words
Ken

Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Ken, What a small world. I too also sell both the X-blue and NEC DSX. In this current economy, I am finding better success with them for my small accounts than with my mainstay Vodavi systems.
Frank, In my biased opinion, I think you are definitely on the winning track! I think the X-Blue has an edge on user simplicity while the DSX has the VoIP phone offering. Both manufactures are very well established in the industry!

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
pm sent

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,288
Posts638,794
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,350 Shoretel
189,000 CTX100 install
187,391 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 161 guests, and 411 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024