web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello,
We have 2 45p's out in the field right now, and I have one in my house. These are older versions of the hardware(I would say around a year or 2). We have noticed that when someone leaves a message on a phone and if that user does not check the message while the light is flashing and they make a call
inside and outside of the system, if you are quiet you can hear a faint beeping noise with the blink of the light. Now we have talked to xblue and they deny that it happens. We even replaced the phones and cabinets and it still happened. Xblue then said it is an environmental issue which somehow happens in 3 separate locations all almost 2 hours apart! All 3 are properly grounded. Has anyone else noticed this? If so did you get it fixed, and of course how? Also is there a way to update the software on the systems?
Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

KLD Offline
To answer some of your questions.....no, never ran into it but I'd look at the VM. And to answer the last two items...send them in to the repair depot and they will be updated (all items.... phones, vm, and ksu). There is a charge for this.

Just my thoughts. :shrug:

Ken
---------
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Ken, that program is for the X16.

jctsphone, I wouldn't update the 45P software unless you need one of the new features. I think the V1 voice mail is more stable than V2 also.

I've never seen or heard of your issue and I have a LOT of these systems out. The sole thing I can think of is cabling but I even have phones over 1000' away from control with no issues. Strange one indeed.

OP Offline
thanks for the tips. I just got off the phone with a tech support guy from xblue and told him about the issues and he said "hold on" waited a bit and said ohh my god! We have sold so many of these and no one has complained! He said once he actually heard it, it was annoying(so dont tell your customers about it) Please test it out though and see if you guys can hear it. I would like to know if we just have super hearing here! The tech support guy told me that he had the latest system there and heard it so I guess its not fixed and also that he was calling the engineers to see what we can do. Maybe some other people could call tech support and report it too just so we get this fixed A.S.A.P

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Well, I stand corrected. One of my young techs can hear it but nobody else in the office can. He said he can hear it on some other systems too.

Learn something new every day.

KLD Offline
Bill, I agree about the stability issues but I had a VM that would not record AA over three seconds long, a KSU that would not sync up to the VM MBs, and two of the old colored sets that operated oddly when a VM was added to the system, different sets cleared it. Tech had me send all the above in and they were updated/repaired.

Ken
---------
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Ken, a very few of the voicemails early on didn't have a watchdog timer built in which caused some strange issues, one of them being staying synched. I can't imagine there's any of those still out there. There were also some changes to the VM DSP chip early on. I think it concerned DTMF decoding but I'm not entirely sure that was all. Like the watchdog timer bit, there should be few out there if any. Also a number of cards were sent out with a bad image on the flash memory. The card must be reflashed to correct.

Of course there's some changes in the system software. If you call XBlue they'll send you the newer chips. Make sure you don't try to run a FP2 KSU with FP1 voice mail or vice versa, it doesn't work. XBlue will send FP1 voicemail if you specify for repair stock.

Unfortunately the firmware in the phones cannot be changed or updated. There's a lock on the sets so the XBlue, Iwatsu and Abrivio only work on the respective systems. King Tech nor XBlue can change the firmware unlike the X16. I must assume you had two faulty sets.

I've been pleased with XBlue and they have been good about responding to issues. It's also really nice to have them right down the street from me. They have been extremely accommodating on a special configuration for a national account for us. We've sent out almost 40 systems nationwide with around 300 phone sets installed by subcontractors. We've only had 4 or 5 phones sent back, one NTF, zero voicemails or cabinets. Only a single installation didn't complete and it was a compatibility issue with the LEC's equipment. Zero complaints from any of the sites and these are almost all installations by people who have never seen an XBlue, a stellar record in my mind. The project may well expand to 250+ systems and based on our experience we will continue with the XBlue, it's actually been that good. Believe it or not we're using a very early version (I39) of system software and a very early version of voicemail software that we've customized and reflash the cards in house with an early DSP chip for consistency between all locations. It's given us no trouble whatsoever.

KLD Offline
Great, Bill. That is why I've stuck with them....and, yes, it was all early series equipment.

Ken
---------
QOS Offline
If I'm not mistaken either I-39 or H-40 started using 45P or Abrivo phones. I know I tested them for mixed sets on one version. Do the latest not support Abrivo phones too?

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
The latest supports both.

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,109 Shoretel
187,715 CTX100 install
186,807 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, BobRobert), 156 guests, and 430 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024