web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
OP Offline
Well, I'm already bald so I guess I have nothing to worry about!!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
Originally posted by Arthur P. Bloom:
Sorry, I am already immortal. I can't help you any further because I have never seen one of these beasts in person or in operation. However, the good news is that there are some fellows in my two antique telephone clubs who can help. I will ask one or two of them to get in touch with you.
Just to keep you in the loop here, both men have emailed me with an offer to help, and I have sent them my dilemma. I am awaiting their response, and causing more trouble in the meantime. Idle hands........ After lubricating everything AS DESCRIBED in the bsp, I have a moaning message drum. I think some oil might have gotten into the workings and allowed slippage where there should have been friction. I am fairly scared to dig further out of fear of breaking the beast, yet I really want IN THERE!! Temptation.......

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
"Well, I'm already bald so I guess I have nothing to worry about!!"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, it would seem you have passed the entrance exam. smile John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
OP Offline
OK, just for fun, here is the link to my developing blog on the matter:

https://1-ba.blogspot.com/

Those of you with more knowledge on the subject than I, (which is a majority, I'm sure) will probably get a chuckle at the newbie. Hey -- I'm learning!! smile

Nice Blog, if you ever get this going I still have somewere a bottle of KS /cleaner/lube used for the drums and heads we old telco guys called it moose milk. But since it is liquid have to figure a way to ship it to you if you want it.

So even armed with the BSP's you've been unable to make it work?

Retired phone dude
OP Offline
Yeah, it is quite a head scratching enigma!! When I power on the machine, the phone goes dead. What's the deal with that??

OP Offline
Originally posted by Jim Baldwin:
Nice Blog, if you ever get this going I still have somewere a bottle of KS /cleaner/lube used for the drums and heads we old telco guys called it moose milk. But since it is liquid have to figure a way to ship it to you if you want it.
That is very kind and generous of you to offer, thank you! I think I've already done the damage with the lightweight oil though. Now I'm trying to get the drum to stop moaning when it turns. Maybe TOO MUCH lube?? I don't know anymore....

Originally posted by dharrell:
Yeah, it is quite a head scratching enigma!! When I power on the machine, the phone goes dead. What's the deal with that??
I think someone said this earlier, but that may be the way it's suppose to work. Is it killing the phone line or just the one phone connected to it?

Retired phone dude
OP Offline
Originally posted by justbill:
Originally posted by dharrell:
[b] Yeah, it is quite a head scratching enigma!! When I power on the machine, the phone goes dead. What's the deal with that??
I think someone said this earlier, but that may be the way it's suppose to work. Is it killing the phone line or just the one phone connected to it? [/b]
No, it doesn't kill the phone line, it only kills the phone attached to it. I branched another phone off of that same line, and it is fine.
The problem with that theory is that when it is powered on (and goes dead) it performs no other functions. I assume I should be able to turn it on and then call home and it would answer the phone. It does not. None of the lights come on (other than the medallion light) to tell me it is ready, and it doesn't actually DO anything. That's the dilemma now.

As for the moaning sound, I went in and fixed that. Couldn't avoid the temptation! I added those pictures to my blog too, if you are completely bored and want to see them!

I noticed one difference from the BSPs and my machine, and that is that there is no fuse holder or reset switch where they should be. If you look at the pictures around the incoming power line, you can see the bracket where the fuse tube should be, but there is nothing there, and just North of that where the reset should be, another void. I don't think that's it since the machine powers up, but it is a difference from the expected...

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Touch Tone Tommy 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,315 CTX100 install
187,088 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 138 guests, and 366 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024