web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#526250 09/22/07 07:17 AM
OP Offline
I got a call from a former customer. They had a cicso sytem installed by head office. They are having major problems.
The paging has not worked since day one
They called me for this problem, I've never seen any thing like this. They were having problems with fax line, DID. I plugged in a single line telephone. 2% of the calls were getting through.
If I called from a cicso telephone the fax number as a 4 digit extention number, it rang. If I dialed 9 then the telephone number I got fast busy. If I took the single line telephone off hook I got busy. If I called the fax number from my cell phone it rang every time. The computer guy says BIG Blue and cicso took him to do an up grade.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#526251 09/23/07 02:16 AM
Call cisco and big-blue and have them do a roll-back. If they say no then tell them you have a really hungry lawyer. Course chances are they didn't back-up the old dialing plan or config files and you could potentially have the same problem after a roll-back if the problems you have now aren't software-bugs. smile

Plan B involves a large sledge hammer and a different phone system.

BTW, is the guy who decided to upgrade in order to fix something that wasn't broken fired yet? Yet another downfall of the IT/CG/M$ guys. One day they will learn that version numbers dont mean stability.

#526252 09/23/07 05:23 PM
Yes but Kumba you forget that Cisco's answer to every problem is you need to upgrade to the latest release.

Phoneguywayne. The only way I could think to get the paging working was to get ans FXS Card and put in a Valcom 9940 connected to the speakers. Then program the system that when the extension is dialed go to the fxs port. This is also very helpful when they ask for a loud ringer later. then you setup a viking pa2a in front of the system and connect it to the music input of the valcom. Works great.

Personally I would advise plan B of Kumba's but if you have any issues give me a PM and I will help as much as possible. I have a customer that did the same as yours and I cannot seem to get them to let me replace it with a good VOIP system.

All In One Communications
Mustang, OK

Moderated by  5years&counting 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,109 Shoretel
187,715 CTX100 install
186,806 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 183 guests, and 408 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024