web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
So hopefully Keep got either TAC or the vendor to get this setup already, but this discussion got me thinking about an 861 router I had lying around. So today I set a system like this up to demo for client using EZ-VPN to connect to their UC560.

This is not as complex as Keep's setup (ASA5510 in front of the UC560 vs using the UC560 as the endpoint), but the 861 config file would be about the same as his 891s.

So if you still need help Keep, let me know and I'll post some configs.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Keep Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by hitechcomm:
As mentioned many times at this site (any system is only as good as the installing company). Why are you installing this and not the company you purshed it from?
Bingo.

I am "assisting" in the installation, but the tech the company sent has never set anything this complex up......needless to say after a mostly wasted day today I am not a very happy camper.

I will post more of the fun we had today after dinner.

And yes I have smartnet coverage on everything so a call to Cisco will most likely be coming in the very near future.

Keep Offline OP
OP Offline
Okay where to start.

I tried to get on here earlier today but couldn't get here! Probably due to me fixing my "firewall" issues that are causing the phones not to connect to the UC......

So today was spent realizing that the VPN's were not passing the 10.1.100.0/24 or the 10.1.10.0/30 we finally got that sorted out with the addition of some accesslist rules and crypto map entries. I can now see the 10.1 traffic going through the tunnel on both ends.

All to no end. Remote phones will not talk to the UC and register.

Then to add insult to injury the email to voicemail is not functioning.

I will most likely do as rcsinfo mentioned and create a whole separate network for the phones themselves at the remote sites.

As for me doing most of the leg work here, yeah thats got me pretty ticked. But that will be sorted out with a couple of phone calls.

Good thing I did not have any firm cut over dates as I insisted that everything be up and tested before I even entertain a date.

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Just think of the experience you (and your installer) are gaining. smile

Justin

Experience on your dime....oh FWIW this is NOT a complex setup by any means esp after 9 months for approx 70 phones? Really? Keep posting..this is good stuff for other people doing this.

Keep Offline OP
OP Offline
That's about the only way i can look at it without getting ticked off.

So the plan for today is to configured separate voice subnets at the remote locations.

Then establish VPN's on those new subnets for all the voice traffic to pass through to the UC.

and on and on

Keep Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by Coral Tech:
Experience on your dime....oh FWIW this is NOT a complex setup by any means esp after 9 months for approx 70 phones? Really? Keep posting..this is good stuff for other people doing this.
Yeah I was told repeatedly that this was not a hard setup and it should be no problem.

Keep Offline OP
OP Offline
Anyone know the static routes that need to be on the UC itself?

Keep Offline OP
OP Offline
Some success today.

The voicemail to email issue turned out to be an Exchange issue.

We are running exchange 2010. It did not like the fact that the UC was trying to send email using the 10.1.10.2 ip addr.

To fix this I needed to go into Exchange and setup a new "Receive connector" pointing to the 10.1.10.2 addr. Once we did that we successfully sent the voicemail notification to my email box.

Still have a call out to TAC on the vpn/routing issues. But using the split subnets on the remote site I managed to get one remote phone to register.

Now 9 more to fix, well once I figure out exactly what I did to fix it!

Keep Offline OP
OP Offline
Some more success. Spent some time on the phone with the Cisco TAC guys, man that was impressive. After the usual tech support you get on the phone I was expecting some walk you through the manual type support, holy crap was I wrong.

End result is that one remote site is up. I learned a some things from this site:

1 - make sure you were told to point things to the correct spot. Early on we were told the tftp server address for the UC was 10.1.100.1, this is wrong and a big reason why things did not connect. The correct answer is 10.1.10.2

2 - activate the phones locally before trying to plug them in remotely. The one phone I took as a test to see if it would update and install, did not take the update. So it will be registered locally first.

3 - The split networks worked like a charm, though it did come with some headaches on the ASA side with the NAT configurations.

Thats all for this week. I will start working on the other remote sites Monday. I have a classic car cruise to go on.

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  5years&counting 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,456 Shoretel
188,312 CTX100 install
187,086 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Professor Shadow), 128 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024