web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
I think that alot of factors come into play here. I cannot believe that it is just a problem isolated to a particular service provider or to a specific tower. I have seen the problem with Cingular phones as well as Nextel. I do not believe it is solely a tower issue, as I have seen the problem at sites that have towers at different distances away. Some towers are a mile and some as many as 10 miles away.

I have two customers at Hartsfield airport. Both are in the same building. One is in suite 210 the other is in suite 255. One has a Nortel CICS,the other an older Panasonic DBS. Both are owned by the same parent company. Both use Nextel cell phones. The Nortel has no problems or complaints.The DBS has alot of issues with bleed over through the sets on the desks. The customer mentions this each time I go on-site. And the answer is always the same, If it only makes the noise when your cell phone is too close to your desk phone or computer then, MOVE THE DAMN CELL PHONE.

I would like to find the answer/solution to this problem too. I have several customers that would be happy to find a way to eliminate it. However, I think the only credible answer will have to come from a Cell engineer. Does anyone here know one they can ask?

Richard
AVAYA-NORTEL-SAMSUNG-PANASONIC-MITEL
www.acceleratedtelecom.com
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

chazrc Offline OP
OP Offline
So, in that case, it would suggest the newer phone systems has some sort of protection from this interferance. I will find out today about the service provider and headset(bluetooth) issue.

My blackberry causes the same issue. Any time the blackberry is recieving information, it cause clicking sounds in any near by speaker. Changing the phone system will not cure this issue. The solution is to move the blackberrys away from the speaker.

[Linked Image from phototiki.com]
I have Cingular and I know whenever my cell is about to ring by the interference over my computer speakers.

chazrc Offline OP
OP Offline
Just a tidbit of info for all- This a Macintosh site and network(lan).

Cingular newer phones have a built in GPS signalling device that will interfere with most all communications devices. My trucks radio, whether on FM or satilite, My computer, both with and without speakers (you should see my screen jumping when I get an incoming call, or when the tower is updating the time), even the Television in my house if I lay my phone too close to it. And mostly on my Inter-Tel phone system in my office. Just something I have learned not to leave my phone too close to something that might amplify the noise.

Voice and Data Cabling in DFW, [email protected]
DnR Communications
chazrc Offline OP
OP Offline
Some users have bluetooth but never use it, she also mentioned that she does get interferance on her car radio too. I being with Sprint PCS have not had the interferance onto the radio or pc speakers, but I am definetly not waving the Sprint flag. Seems like the only answer would to take another carriers cell phone onsite and see it if still does it??

My cingular acts the same way. My speakers will click and hum while my monitor causes waves to dance around all over. Quite fun to know when your phone is about to ring smile

Kristopher
chazrc Offline OP
OP Offline
They have all the top names for providers for cell phones.

1 - T Mobile
4 - Cingular
1 - Sprint PCS

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
I hate to say it, but those are three of the four well-known offenders, but now that Sprint and Nextel think they are now one, maybe these are the top three. The problem can't be resolved as long as those carriers' phones are present. I have actually seen a Nextel phone cause a PC to lock up and have to be rebooted multiple times in a row. Think about what these phones are doing next to you head!

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,792
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,135 Shoretel
188,990 CTX100 install
187,373 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 6
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Professor Shadow), 170 guests, and 271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024