web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#529321 10/31/08 02:25 AM
The original problem was that the dial by name does not work with the Blackberry. OK now we have established that it does in fact work, however the Blackberry does not have the letters on the keypad. This might very well be an oversight on Blackberrys part. Good luck getting them to change that.

Don't drive and text, at least not when your driving 100mph. laugh

Mike

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#529322 10/31/08 02:30 AM
IMO dial-by-name directories are useless anyway. Anything that requires the use of the letters on a keypad (like 1800-MATTRESS)is a big PITA because no one is familiar with the letters like they are with the numbers. I'm sure that's why Blackberry eliminated them. Another problem is dial-by-name assumes you know how to spell someones name. Doesn't work real well unless you have a bunch of John Smiths.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
#529323 10/31/08 02:53 AM
Avalon Offline OP
OP Offline
Dial by name directories are also a waste of time because most people out there know zero will take them to the receptionist anyway.......

Avalon Services
New Jersey Voip Telephone systems voice & Data Cabling
www.avalonphones.com
#529324 10/31/08 03:15 AM
Hijack

Dialing zero won't always get you the operator. I had 2 law offices merge into one location and an AA was created offering 1 for Johnson Law & 2 for Smith Law. Calls would be directed to receptionist(X100) or receptionist(X101) in theory. Pressing zero would take the call to X-100. The receptionist at X-100 got tired of one particular caller that refused to select 1 or 2 so she ask me to provide a solution to break her of that habit.

We redefined the zero extension as an info mailbox that delivered the call back to the main greeting after playing this message:

Pressing ZERO was not an option offered. Your call will now be redirected so you can make another selection. THANK YOU

Problem Solved! You gotta love getting slapped around by an inanimate object! :rofl:

#529325 10/31/08 03:37 AM
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
John, I'm having problems at home because I want to change the answering machine to say press 1 for English and 2 for Spanish. 1 gives you the standard 'Thanks for calling the... yadayadayada, in English. 2 gives you a recording, in Spanish, to 'Please hang up and call back when you are fluent in English'. My older daughter thinks it's anti-social. I don't care to socialize with people I cannot have a conversation with. My wife thinks it's stupid. Maybe so, but she married me. And besides, no one here speaks Spanish fluently, anyway. My son thinks it's funny. Yeah, I suppose you could draw that conclusion. I tried how about 'Call back when you have entered the United States legally', and that didn't fly either. So, for now the announcement remains unchanged. frown John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
#529326 11/14/08 09:04 AM
Actually you can use the Blackberry to dial thru the directory. Simply press and hold the "Alt" button while pressing the letters you want, the proper touch tones will be generated.

This does NOT work on any of the Windows Mobile phones that I have tried, only Blackberry (once again they are number 1 for a reason). I had a blackberry for years and then decided to upgrade to the Motorola Q, after 6 month I gave it back and restarted my old blackberry, there is no comparison.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,787
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,108 Shoretel
188,988 CTX100 install
187,373 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, KRRath), 163 guests, and 170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024