web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Z-man Offline OP
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
OP Offline
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
I love my iPhone. I can't imagine not having a smart phone. Its feature still beat out the other guys, but why the hell can't Apple figure out that we would like some built in ringtones and alert tones that sound NORMAL! I just need my phone to have nice, business like ring instead of a quacking duck ringtone! Who the hell would ever want their phone to sound like a duck!!! I downloaded some free ringtones, but why should I have too! (ah...I feel better now that I got a chance to vent about the ringer!) :bang:

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
I luv my iphone also, but hate the at&t network around here.
No 3g and VM's arive about 24hr late.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
Describing Apple's native ringtones as "unprofessional" may not hold true in the art and design world where Apple is king. But for the rest of the ladder climbers out there, I couldn't agree with you more.

Though Apple is definitely innovative, trying hard to "think different" sometimes comes at a cost with respect to standards.

My most recent post about the iPhone concerned their Calendar app and it's inability to properly adjust for DST. But that's an obvious and well-known problem now.

Anyone tried to use Unified Messaging with iPhone? If so, were you able to open the MP3 or WAV attachments? Or could you only see the icon for the attachment...as if the email hadn't fully downloaded yet? The only workaround that I have found is to send UM emails as plain text (rather than html). Don't know why or much care why this fails, I just wish Apple weren't QUITE so non-conformist.

"Press play and record at the same time" -- Tim Alberstein
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Mike -

I don't know how bad ATT's network is in KY, but here in NYC it's terrible. I dropped them for Verizon years ago. Now I'm waiting (and waiting, and waiting) for a Verizon iPhone.

I'm giving them till next year band then I'm going for an Android if they can't get the product.

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"
Z-man Offline OP
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
OP Offline
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Mike-

Have you tried turning the 3G off? Not sure about why the voice mails arrive late. I turn my 3G off just because it saves me battery power, and the Edge network signal is more consistant around here as well. I don't really notice much different in anything but heavy surfing with the phone, which I don't do much anyway.

Z-man
www.omniofficetech.com
Edge is slow, and there seems to be good Verizon 3G coverage in the Paintsville area (see https://www.cellreception.com/towers/towers.php?city=paintsville&state_abr=ky).

If I were you, I'd "jailbreak" my iPhone and sign up for VZN service the instant your AT&T contract is up.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Originally posted by dagwoodsystems:
Edge is slow, and there seems to be good Verizon 3G coverage in the Paintsville area (see https://www.cellreception.com/towers/towers.php?city=paintsville&state_abr=ky).

If I were you, I'd "jailbreak" my iPhone and sign up for VZN service the instant your AT&T contract is up.
Verizon doesn't have towers in Paintsville they roam off a regional carrier here. Which I tried a few years ago with no success.

In this area you have two carriers to choose from: AT&T or the local regional mom & pop which doesn't work well when you travel.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
Present iPhones won't work on Verizone even if they are unlocked. They only work on GSM and Verizon is CDMA.

The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski
Blackberry is who I was thinking of...not iPhone. And of course the Blackberry is already "free" and don't need jailbreaking.

As far as Verizon goes, I'd say they stepped on their own body parts by not adopting 2G early on, but nobody really knew whether that approach to slicing and dicing the airways would gain the upper hand (who would guess that Hydrox made the first chocolate/creme cookie, yet ultimately have it's clock cleaned by Oreo). My problem with Verizon is that they are not only smug about their decision, but also refuse to admit that their network is just as clogged as AT&T's. In Southern California, I'd say they rival each other in cell site hand-off failures.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a cheerleader for the AT&T network--nobody despises their customer service as much as I do. Even so, I find that their product works well enough with my Motorola that I don't look elsewhere for service.

@Mike: Good to know. If that's how things really are (and you would know), then I can't count on cellreception.com for unbiased info.

Z-man Offline OP
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
OP Offline
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Yes...I admit that Verizon has a better over all network than AT&T, but I think that is more of an issue in non-metro areas, which for me doesn't really matter. I do find it curious that Verizon is going to start selling the iPhone. Maybe the phone itself is not as bad as Verizon and Droid claim? If anyone out there owns a Droid, can you tell me if there is any truth to the rumor that Droid has problems with exchange server?

Z-man
www.omniofficetech.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024