Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
They are very persistent. You should lock down the ports for IT Tool/DM immediately for 2 reasons, 1- there's a backdoor password that you have no control over. 2- if they hammer port 5090 it locks your system up (i just had this happen last week).
Even worse if you have 23 open to the system for File control that password is always default and you cannot change it.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
Change you SIP extension port in sip stack/ext/trunk options to something other then default and change the port forward in your router accordingly as well.

I had todo this as a couple of months ago they were hammering port 5060 with a asterix hack tool to try to get in and it locked up the sip stack requiring a reboot of the system and router.

OP Offline
Steve - is there a set range to the ports that can be used for SIP extensions? I havent tried going down the range (only just thought of that whilst writing this...) but when going up I can not get it to log in with anything past 5063? I have made sure ports in the modem are forwarded each time and set the same new port in SIP extension TCP port and SIP extension signal port, but anything above that just refuses to connect.

Haven't tried running any traces though, since the remote SIP client is my mobile and was doing this from home! Also means I cant lock the modem down to a set IP as the SIP client is my mobile phone which can connect from any IP the carrier gives me, or any WiFi network I connect to.

Cheers, Dave.
Eco Communications
Selling and installing Ericsson BP150/50/250 from 1996 to 2005
Samsung selling and installing since 2000
Toshiba selling and installing since 2004
Microsoft NT and SQL certified (10 years ago...)
You guys have my Full attention. Where's the popcorn.
I'm shutting down ports now. Didn't realize some of these security issues. Is there a clearly defined list of ports used for each purpose on Samsung? Offline of course. TIA

OP Offline
This still works OK for incoming calls?

Also, I changed ports on the SIP extensions as per above and could no longer get SIP trunks to register!! Had to change it back to what it was. Will try fiddling again today if I get time.

Originally Posted by nameless
I don't forward 5060 anymore, just use the "alive notify - options" setting in sip carrier options, and set it to a low value and it works with the need for 5060 for trunks.

The extensions i change the port from default

Cheers, Dave.
Eco Communications
Same happened in our office a few days ago! Somebody loged in via Non Samsung SIP client/phone and made lots of calls to Haiti! We'll really have to pay max attention.

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
Dave - I'll send you screen shots of my sip carrer and trunk/ext screens from my system (OS7200 MP20 4.60b).
*edit* and my router port forwards *edit*

The 4.60b OS7030 files have been avail since release, they just haven't been shipping with them, though i got an email today saying all ones sent from today will come pre-loaded with 4.60b.

It's cause they don't want to unpack them, upgrade them and pack them up again that we don't get them with the new version at release.

They just change the files on the SD card for all the other systems.

Last edited by nameless; 09/19/12 06:37 AM.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
I just block out entire regions (pretty much anything outside of the US such as all APNIC).
Use this site to get the ranges you can block and where they are
https://www.ipdeny.com/ipblocks/

Depending on your router version you can find premade config files just for this usually for cisco equip.
If your really lucky and have a Linux firewall you can install software to block out specific countries and it updates the IP's for you
Either way i would focus on Eastern Europe and most of Asia.

Last edited by Genesiscomm; 09/19/12 02:36 PM.
OP Offline
Na, cant get the system to fire up on SIP if I change the extension ports or activate Alive Notify - very weird. Will try again once we get our SIP account changed back from individual user accounts shortly.

I like the idea of the IP blocks - will look into that one as I have a couple of sites left I cant get access to the remote phones to reprogram anything.

Cheers, Dave.
Eco Communications
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,289
Posts638,796
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,352 Shoretel
189,016 CTX100 install
187,393 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 21
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 137 guests, and 385 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024