web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
My new phone won't register to the base. It is the 7th phone i'm trying to register. This model only allows 6 phones but I only have 5 phones in use -I've had 2 phones damaged in the past. When i try to register the phone it says searching for base and then goes blank and shows G24 code. Is the problem the 7th phone? If so, how do i unregister a phone especially when they are damaged and thrown away?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
The old handset IDs are still active in the base unit.

The only way to register the replacement handset is to default the base unit and re-register all of the active remotes.

The procedure to default base units varies from model to model....so you will need to contact Advanced American Telephones, provide them with model number (5830) and they will explain how to do it. smile

I Love FEATURE 00
OP Offline
According to my Google search Adv. Amer. Tele. is DBA VTech. They do not support this model number. I have tried ATT cust. service and they don't support it either. Do you have a guess as to how to default the base unit?

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
AT&T really has no involvement with consumer telephones. Advanced American Telephones supports at&t branded consumer telephones. While the owner's manual for the 5830 is no longer posted on at&t's website, the related 5840 is.

If you haven't already done so, try calling and Emailing Advanced American Telephones. Someone there should be able to pull up the procedure.

I don't know the exact process for that phone, but it will require entering a code on the base keypad while the system is idled. The code should contain *s and #s.

I just went to AAT's website and sent an Email requesting the procedure for defaulting all existing registrations.

I Love FEATURE 00
OP Offline
I do have my owner's manual but it says nothing about defaulting or reprogramming your phones. I hope that ATT will respond to you but all they say to me is that they do not service the old phones-buy new ones!

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
The procedure to default the registrations wasn't included in the owner's manual. The only way to find out what it is was was to contact AAT's Customer Service.

AAT did reply back and they pretty much told me what they told you. They no longer support the 5830 & 5840.

Planned obsolecence strikes again.

I suspect that you could find a 5830 for sale somewhere on the Internet, but at this point, purchasing a current expandable cordless phone system might be the way to go.

I Love FEATURE 00
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Check out this site:

ATT 5840 Base Reset Code/Procedure

It's worth a try. Keep us updated...especially if it works. wink

These are the steps to try:

1. Using the soft keys on the base located below the base screen, press MENU
2. Press the down arrow once until BASE SETTINGS is highlighted.
3. Press the OK soft key.
4. On the base, press MUTE 3 times and FLASH twice. This will
deregister the unit.

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
The O.P. has a 5830 which doesn't have an LCD (or answering system) on the base....so the procedure outlined @ Fixya won't apply here. The 5830's base has a regular telephone keypad.

I Love FEATURE 00
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
So much for "Googling".

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
After not having any luck finding the base reset code for MY AT&T 5830 (no answering machine - no display) I stumbled upon a page taking about a vtec system. It had a code. It sorta seemed familiar, like what the support for this phone told me a 5 or 6 years ago.

Punch in the reset code (including the stars): **335782

I tried it. It worked. I was floored. I registered my old working handsets AND the "new" one. Life is good.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,784
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,864 Shoretel
188,980 CTX100 install
187,206 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 84 guests, and 178 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024