web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
ESIuser Offline OP
OP Offline
I am looking for some help/advice from anyone who can offer some assistance with ESI system located in Jacksonville, FL.

The major obstacle I am facing is I cannot connect to my ESI (ESI-50) server remotely. A local installer visiting our office, checked my router settings and said they seemed OK but he could not connect remotely either. He sold me a FPIP2 and it was sent to me for me to program but of course I cannot without being able to access the system. I also need an additional IP license. The local installer said he wont service the system if we cannot get the remote access corrected. I don't think he has contacted ESI to see if they can offer any advice or assistance either.

In the past I have had the ability to remote into the system as well as the Atlanta installer who installed the original system had the ability (he went out of business by the way). The same router, a RVS400 Cisco router, is still in use and port forwarding is set up correctly. When I try to connect to the system via ESI Sys Admin software, the only error message I get is "Cannot Open Network Connection."

Has anyone else experienced this? I am in a remote office in Atlanta and can drive to my Jacksonville, FL office to change out routers, or, one thing I was thinking was to get a new router and use a different static IP address and connect that directly to the ESI server. I just cannot figure this out. Without access, I have a useless remote phone!

Thank you in advance,

ESIuser

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
Here s a Jacksonville ESI Vendor who is excellent and has helped me out on ESI systems I have run into

I'm sure he can get it going for you

https://www.greenlightconnection.com/index.htm

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
It "sounds like" you might have run in to a some incompetence.

- first, to determine if the port (typically 59002) is open, it's pretty simple to go to "https://yougetsignal.com," (port forward tester) enter the site IP and "whatever" port number and "actually check" to determine it's open (The public IP is properly forwarded to the NSP IP - by the way, if you have a stack of public IP's they might have assigned your switch something other than the browser IP - also BE SURE the IP is static and not dynamic - to check your IP, simply type "https://whatismyip.com" )

Do you have the installer level password for the switch programmer?

If you want, privately contact me and I'll provide some other options

- What kind of "CO lines?" - they might be able to simply dial in to the switch - if lines are VOIP, then "dial in" might not work at all or not too well.

Don . . .

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,763
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,440 Shoretel
188,296 CTX100 install
187,078 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (teleco), 80 guests, and 196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024