Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hello Everyone,

I have a customer with a Merlin Legend Release 7.0 Version 14.2 along with a CKE 3 processor to where one of our local PSTN carriers here are proposing a PRI circuit for them. I know Avaya no longer supports the Legend, or Magix for that matter, but was wondering who out there still does. The other issue I have is I know I need at least a 100D card/module to support the PRI. With the release of Legend I'm dealing with, will that support the 100 DSD card/module that has the built in CSU/DSU, and does anybody out there still sell either one of those modules? Also does anyone offer any tech support as far as the programming for a PRI circuit on a Legend? I still remember quite a bit of the programming involved for PRI provisioning, but not everything.

Thanks for your help,
systemtech

Thanks,
systemtech1
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

no the 100 DSD card is for the Magix, use the 100 DS1
every thing will have to be purchase from a secondary vendor like Sundance or Metroline, They both offer tech support

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
They really need to think of upgrading to at least a MAGIX 4.0.
The Legend has lived its life.
With a new T1 lets spend a little more and upgrade. well worth it.

OP Offline
To cvrbob,

I was told by another source that the 100 DSD card IS supported on the Rel. 7 Legend as long as we use a clamshell with it. Will that work or not?

To hitechcomm,

Believe it or not my customer bought the whole system used like 6-7 years ago and the Legend just keeps on going and going without ANY problems at all. We don't need to upgrade for the PRI. The customer doesn't want to upgrade and up to this point they've had loop start analog lines.

Can any of the other moderators chime in on this, please?

Thanks,
systemtech1

Thanks,
systemtech1
it may work with just the PRI program on it , but the CSU will not, as that was for the Magix

Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
You can use it with a clamshell. Do you already have the card? I have about 3 or 4 older T1 cards laying around that would work well too. I can also send you a PRI programming sheet. How many users do you have?

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
Z-man
does the Legend see the DSD100 as a DS1 as the DSD did not come out until Magix 1.5 ?

OP Offline
Hello Z-Man,

You can use it with a clamshell. Do you already have the card? I have about 3 or 4 older T1 cards laying around that would work well too. I can also send you a PRI programming sheet. How many users do you have?

No, I don't have any 100Dwhatever cards. The customer has been using loop start lines up to this point. That's almost what I'm leaning towards is just using the older 100D card along with a stand alone simple CSU/DSU. How much would you charge for one of those cards and are they used or refurbished? Do you also sell stand alone CSU's? I do have a programming sheet as well that I've had for years that has helped me a lot before with past installs. What I can't remember is if they want to use DID's on the PRI or port over some of the loop start lines they're using now as a dedicated to the PRI how to route the calls to the right extension. There are about 30 users all total.

Thanks

Thanks,
systemtech1
RIP Moderator
RIP Moderator
A thing about the CSU/DSU is that now days, most vendors provide an ADTRANS or a CISCO device that eliminates the requirement for a CSU/DSU.

So, that drives the question; is that how the PRI will be provided?

If so, then there's usually no need for a CSU/DSU.

Another thing to consider, it sounds like they are in KEY MODE now, therefore, to make the change to PRI, they will have to be switched to HYBRID-PBX.

Needless to say, there are several other considerations to address with such a change.

RULE NUMBER 2, "THINKIN' WON'T GET IT, YOU GOTTA KNOW!" RULE NUMBER 3, if you need TIER-3 SUPPORT on a LEGEND or MAGIX, go to http://home.comcast.net/~merlinman -
OP Offline
I'll have to find out tomorrow what the vendor/provider does to deliver the circuit these days. In this town in years past, the T1/PRI, whatever, has always been delivered at the customer site as an RJ48 smartjack. I doubt if that's changed. I guess if the carrier does provide the CSU, that's less I'll need to provide.

And NO, the Legend is NOT programmed in key mode. It is definately in PBX mode.

Thanks,
systemtech1
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,762
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,440 Shoretel
188,295 CTX100 install
187,076 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 6
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 103 guests, and 195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024