web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Keith K Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi all, got a new NT700 conference speakerphone off eBay (no support) and it won’t register on the NCP1000. I’m doing all the steps I normally do to connect a KX-NT343 but it doesn’t register. I deregestered an NT-343 and tried using the available port, no go, then re-registered the NT-343 with no problem. The manual for the 700 talks about entering admin names, passwords, domains, ports… It gets an address from DHCP so I know its connected to my network. Do I need admins, passwords and so on or is there an easier way?
Thanks, Keith

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
it is a sip phone not a ip telephone. You will need a sip licence and setup a sip card and extensions

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
Keith K Offline OP
OP Offline
thanks OBT. I guess I'll have to call my reseller then and see what I'll need if that's the only way to do it. They didn't mention that when I told them I was looking to buy an NT700 from the web.

The web seller should have, they were the seller.
Web sellers sell stuff, usually don't know squat.

Keith K Offline OP
OP Offline
Yeah, I wasn't expecting much from an eBay seller. but I do have 30 days. I don't think my local reseller has ever installed one from the sounds of it.

I tried using it as headset connection on the NT343. When I connect the cord they supplied to my NT343 to make the headset connection only the speaker works on the NT700 not any mic’s. Then I thought I could connect it to a digital port on the NCP from it's Tel line since the manual says it can connect to a “general PBX” whatever that is. I don’t know what to try next but I can return it in 30 days. Also, looking at other options what about the Polycom SoundStation IP 6000?

Any idea if that would work on our Panasonic?

and thanks for the help, really appreciated.

OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
If you have a dsp card you can connect a sip device to the system
You just need a licence. If you have a dhlc card or a slt8 you could have a analogue conference unit.

Any ip conference unit will be sip

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
Keith K Offline OP
OP Offline
I do have a DSP card then. I can see in my Card Properties on the NCP-1000 that It’s an IPCMPR and on the VoIP tab it is type DSP16. I’m confused about what addresses are used, and where on the NT700. Our system is setup this way on the IPCMPR card:

192.168.1.111 MPR
192.168.1.112 DSP

I’ve tried both the 111 and the 112 for the SIP Server address but according to the manual there are other settings and authentication ID’s and so on. I’ve de-registered our upstairs spare phone for now while I experiment and can that ext. 333 which is now available. The NT343 phones seem to connect to 111 address but I think they are not SIP? That open ext should also provide an available license? I can attach screenshots if that would help.

Thanks,
Keith

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,793
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,258 Shoretel
188,995 CTX100 install
187,385 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 112 guests, and 404 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024