Phone Systems

AtcomCloud Online Store
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
I know we already have a 6 page long rant about Nationals, but I wanted to make sure this post was read so I started a new one. I just received an email that blows me away. I have "mostly" deleted names in-case something in my contract stipulates I am not supposed to redistribute something that is confidential such as an email.

This was my reply to their email:

Kxxxx,

I'm not sure where to start, but it is clear to me that Grxxxe has an overwhelming amount of technicians at your disposal to be able to write an email as threatening as this. You wrote "
***Please, note that if you are not able/willing to renegotiate then management will review your company’s contract and decide whether we are still interested in maintaining a partnership. "

Well let me make the decision easy for you. You can permanently remove me from your list of vendors immediately!

You guys charge the customer an outrageous rate for P-1, P-2, ect., and pay the vendors who actually go out and do all of the work peanuts. I realize the economy is down, but I can't imagine anyone who wants to work for free all the while you reap the rewards for pushing paperwork. The prices you are asking is nearly $20 less than we charge our maintenance customers. The amount of work we have an opportunity to do with you guys is so minimal, it's not even worth our time.

I am sincerely appalled at the " scare tactic" you are using in this email. Another thing is this is the first I have heard of rate changes , yet you say in the email, " Your company was previously contacted to renegotiate your contract in order to be more competitive and increase the number of solicitations you receive. At the time, your company chose to decline Grxxxxe’s invitation to become a competitive partner; however, management would like to extend this opportunity to you a final time. "

I have not been contacted by anyone from Grxxxxe regarding rate increases via phone, email, fax, or smoke signals, so your email is not only offensive, but completely inaccurate! Again, you can take me off your list of partners at the time of receiving this email. I don't want you to have to struggle with deciding if you are " still interested maintaining a partnership ".

Good day, and good luck sir!

Don Anderson

Adtel, LLC

"I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken"
Atcom VoIP Demo
VoIP Demo
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Great job.

Get yourself a beer.......

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
You had me @ Hello,... Don.
Good job!

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
I received the same email today, and I responded with the following....I just received your email with basically a threat to discontinue work with our company if we do not drop our rates. I have personally been in the telecom industry for 30 years and have never experienced the shock I did today when I opened your email. As a business, we too have minimum requirements that need to be met financially, and for your organization to ask us to cut our rates, shows us you are either in financial trouble or have lessened your requirements for professionals that represent you in the field. We have never once had a return call from Gxxxxxx,we have completed your tickets in a timely manner, represented your company in a professional manner, dotted our I's, crossed our T's, submitted billing and completed paper work on time, and this is how you reward us?
Our hourly rates will not drop, and we be here long after the trunk slammers with no insurance have left you high and dry.
We will most likely raise our rates to them in the next week or so!

OP Offline
Glad I could give you a "Jerry Mcguire" moment Mdaniel! Good for you Tim. If every vendor would stand up to these guys they might finally start to get the message. They need to understand that they NEED us, we don't NEED them to survive. If they paid a reasonable hourly fee, travel time, and hardware expense, I would love to have their business. Unfortunately this is not the case, but if we stand together they may start getting the message.

"I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken"
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
They will never get the message as long as there are trunk slammers

Originally Posted by hitechcomm
They will never get the message as long as there are trunk slammers

While I tend to agree I have to ask: where do they find the trunkers? It's not like they advertise, have a website or are listed in some directory. Maybe some trunkers solicite the nationals but trunkers are generally hidden in the woodwork and get jobs via word of mouth. So that leads me to believe that those who work for nationals are legitimate businesses that are either desperate or don't know any better.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Admin
Admin
Don't give in to their demands. I DO NOT sign their contracts, I have a set rate that is $20 more then my normal rate and I still get plenty of nationals calling.

Merritt

Business Telephones & Equipment + Commercial Audio/Video Products
Commercial Communications . . . Turner, Maine
If it was built after 1980 don't expect it to work right.
Admin
Admin
I'm not desperate, I'm hungry. 25+ years ago, they found me. This was back in the good old days when there was plenty of money and plenty of work. You ran the service calls for the gravy where they sent you equipment and materials and paid you by the hour to do installations. The best part was you got to keep the surplus. It was not uncommon to have a few thousand feet of surplus cable and "shorts" left over from an installation and it was cheaper to just keep it than send it back.

I did a couple of Wal Marts, a Kohl's, an Office Max and a Bed Bath and Beyond, hired subs, and made normal money in 40 hour blocks. Then places like Wal Mart pulled the rug out from the Nationals and decided to "do it themselves". They contracted bands of roving contractors to do the wiring and left us with the short "clean-up" service calls. But, unlike some of the techs, I didn't cut my rates or travel charges. Sure, I probably don't get the contracts any more, but I also don't feel Ho'd when it comes time to accept work orders. Sometimes I still get praised and I don't put up with any crap. I still adhere to installation standards and I get along with most customers. Sometimes I wonder about the inside people, but those are the breaks.

Oh yeah, next week I get to do my "last" Mitel Generic 217.

Write it down.

Sure.

Carl

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
CARL, make sure the batteries are NEW AND FRESH. not old ones that are canabalized off 3 boards to come up with 3 'usable' batteries. Size, by the way is 1/3AAT 1/3 AA battery with solder tabs. Batteries plus can make them if you talk nice. They'll change them, but you are on your own about their ability. I get mine from a place in CA, but they usually take a couple of weeks. If I had any in stock, I'd just ask for an address, sorry.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics93,682
Posts636,153
Members49,603
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
Today's Birthdays
sandi ann
Newest Members
Motel6Guy, JustAGuy, Dialtony, FatherLot, RFarrarMD
49,603 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 11
Yoda 9
dexman 6
Who's Online Now
2 members (Professor Shadow, newtecky), 55 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: Best VoIP Phones | Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers.
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2022