Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
MikeLan Offline OP
Computer Guy (IT)
OP Offline
Computer Guy (IT)
Trying to ring one keyset at main hub and simultaneously ring offsite to a voip phone off another node. I can ring one or the other with the did but not both at the same time. Is this possible??? ie s1180 and r6170

Thanks....Mike

The computer guy has to get through the building quickly and stealthfully.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
First off, if you are using VoIP networking, the Hub and Node concept, as I understand it, goes away and is replaced by the Cloud. That being said, what happens if you assign them to a hunt group?

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
I'd just put a call coverage button on one of the phones for the other extension, then point the DID to only one phone.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
MikeLan Offline OP
Computer Guy (IT)
OP Offline
Computer Guy (IT)
Hi Ed this I thought might be the solution, except when adding
s1180 to 6170's phone in call coverage, complains that station flex code 1180 does not exist?? just as hunt groups complain off as well.

Mike

MikeLan Offline OP
Computer Guy (IT)
OP Offline
Computer Guy (IT)
Thanks Dave, did not know that hub and node is just for T-1 networking. I have tryed adding 6170 to hunt groups and did table, complains that flex code does not exist. Just a bunch of nodes would be the correct term I quess. BTW, if 1180 does not answer I have overflow going to hunt group three. Its a wholesale parts line.

Thanks,
Mike

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Cloud and hub/node both work with XTS VOIP networking but there are things you cannot do system to system...you cannot use call coverage between systems, can't use call park between systems, can't put an extension from one system in a hunt, ucd or acd group on another system. Can't use one button record with centralized voice mail from any remote system and there are other limitations as well. So what you want to do can't be done. What you can do is set call did preset forwarding from the first sytem to the remote phone set a timer for as long (as long as it doesn't conflict with a station forwarding timer to voice mail) or short as you want...it isn't simultaneous but that is the best you can do unless you move the voip phone connection (and keep the same extension number) to the same system as the other extension that needs to ring. Something tells me you are not going to want to do that.

Last edited by Derrick; 01/17/13 02:49 PM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Sorry, Mike. I missed the fact that you have two networked systems. I was thinking of just a simple IP phone at the remote site.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Ed, I figured you overlooked that bit of info.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

MikeLan Offline OP
Computer Guy (IT)
OP Offline
Computer Guy (IT)
Thanks guys, I have tried everything I can think of. Now it makes sense. I knew you could not park between sites. This is the same. I am using preset forwarding now to overflow to hunt gr3 as it stands now. Idea is if wholesale does not answer. GOto parts group to help customer which normally handles retail customers. Is there a way to still have a overflow if I used preset forward to 6170. Complete process. Call comes in on prib at node1 did to 1180. If no answer at 1180 >forward to 6170. No answer then ring Hunt group3 in node with 1000,1899 node? Appreciate your effort ED.

Thanks guys,

Mike

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Sure, you preset forward the did to 6170, and you can preset forward 6170 to any hunt group anywhere as long as you have the hunt group number in your network tables. The only thing is that any external no answer call to 6170 will go to the hunt group, not just calls that went to 1180 first.

www.myrandomviews

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,784
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,903 Shoretel
188,981 CTX100 install
187,206 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 109 guests, and 185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024