web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi
Anyone with experience of dect on the Samsung

I sold a nursing home a new system with a dect system a couple of weeks ago. They wanted 4 handsets for key staff one handset at least would be required to answer incoming calls and transfer them ect. I was going to sell them the polycom kws8000
(I recon they needed 6 base stations to cover the area) but in the end I did purchase the Samsung dect solution made by RTX but after installing it I realised that a sip extension cannot be part of a ring group or also a sip extension cannot be paired with a digital to allow me a work around. Although in an older version of software pairing a sip extension with a digital was allowed...
There doesn't seem to be a lot of thought gone into this dect solution.
Your views would be much appreciated.
So I have decided to go with the polycom kws8000 but my uk supplier of our samsung kit said we cannot return it !! But we will see about that !!

emeraldpaddy
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
What version of software do you have on your OS7400?
I just paired a sip extension with a digital under 4.60b

You can pair SIP extensions with virtual SLT's to get around your ring group issue (it's only unconditional ring groups that you can't add sip extensions into)

Your KWS8000 solution is going to be an expensive option to put the SLT cards in it, plus your going to have to put slt ports into the system as well, otherwise your connecting via sip extensions the same as your current dect

OP Offline
Hi nameless

It is also 4.60b so I can't understand it. I have about 8 spare slt for the extension card on the kws as the bedrooms are also using slt's but your right it is a more expensive option. Incoming calls would want to ring on a digital set and one of the sip handsets if possible(at the same time)
Regards

emeraldpaddy
Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
You can also try using the "ring group pair" to pair a dgp phone with a sip phone, rather then the standard pairing

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,694
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,704 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (teleco), 117 guests, and 255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024