Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hi -

We've just implemented access codes on our Axxess system (ver 9) for all long distance toll calls.

We have 2 branches in 2 different states. How can I whitelist their numbers which are obviously long distance? As a temporary solutions I put their area codes in the local area codes, but we need something more solid.

Thanks
-Roman

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Hi Roman! Welcome to the board. The moderators have requested that we ask all new users to finish filling out their profiles. It will make a big difference in the help you'll recieve as it lets the techs get to know you better.

The short answer is to go into SCOS and set them up as an allowed number. If you need more help feel free to post back.

welcome

OP Offline
OK smile I'll do the profile.

Hmm..I think I tried that, but I think I also added deny toll calls. Maybe that's why it didn't work. I'll have to double check.

Thanks

OP Offline
That didn't work for me.

I have the stations set to:
Account Code Type: Forced Long distance toll calls
Validate: Yes

When I dial one of the allowed numbers it still prompts for the account code.

Thanks

You must do a couple things. First off, the PBX does not know what is long distance and what is not. There is no way I know of to configure the PBX so that '1+' calls are LD. Soooo, first off go to System\Numbering Plan\User Groups\User Group 1. Double-click on Restricted Area Codes. Drag 503 and 971 to Extended Area Codes. Go to Extended Area Codes\503\Restricted Area Codes. You must now drag all the office codes listed to the Allowed Area Codes field that are long distance in your area. There are about 700+ for Portland in the 503 area code. This is how the PBX knows what is local and what is not.

Now go to System\Numbering Plan\Home Area Codes. Add 503 and 971 to the home are code list.

Go to System\Station-Related Information\Account Codes\Forced\Validated (or Non-Validated depending on your needs)\Local Toll Calls. Add your stations here.

Unfortunately you can't just click a flag that says "All my LD calls are 1+" somewhere. It would be kinda nice as most areas of the country are this way, but oh well.

OP Offline
Thanks for the detail. I'll give it a shot a soon as I get a chance...

OP Offline
Ok, I did that with the combination of the "allowed numbers" class.

Now I can only call toll #s in the allowed numbers list, provided that I have an access code. The idea is to whitelist our other branches so that an access code IS NOT required when calling them, but IS REQUIRED for any other toll call. Am I missing something?

Forgive my ignorance...
Thanks

Add your branch numbers in the the Extended/Allowed list.

OP Offline
Ok..But I can only drag area codes in to there...?

You drag your area codes to the Extended list then drag the office codes from the 'Restricted' list to the 'Allowed' list under that particular area code.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,784
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,814 Shoretel
188,977 CTX100 install
187,206 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 124 guests, and 168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024