web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Simple problem - 3 analog lines (voice #, fax #, alarm #) assigned to lines 1, 2, and 3. 1 & 2 are inbound (using 3 as inbound causes the alarm system to answer as a modem), all three for outbound (alarm is protected by RJ31X). Customer wants to answer all inbound calls and will manually xfer fax calls to fax extension (got that working). Customer wants outbound calls to use lines in reverse order (naturally - should be easy, right?). I assumed the default group would hunt in reverse order, since there is no way I can find to specific the order (unlike a PRI), but observation suggests the system uses some other algorithm (circular or least recently used?). The exact behavior doesn't appear to be documented anywhere I've looked.

What I have seen is folks saying that the way to do what they want is use ARS (actually LCR, since 3.2 doesn't have ARS). I can imagine how this might work but it seems like a kludge at best. The alternate is to turn the whole system into a KTS simulator with all the lines appearing on each extension but the customer doesn't want both appearances and lines on each phone, doesn't like the lines ringing in the back offices (reception desk only) (I've got the inbound hunt group set up for that but it seems lines ring anywhere they exist).

Before I run down this path, can somebody tell me how the 406v2/3.2 combination picks a line from a group? Is LCR the best/only way to avoid providing lines on each extension?

The "system" being replaced is two cordless phones, each with multiple handsets, such that each receptionist has her own pair of phones. Calls are transferred to other employees by walking the answered cordless phone to the person or by calling that person on a separate walkie-talkie and telling them which cordless set to pick up. Voice mail is CO-based and per-line. The business manager really wants a KTS setup but purchased the IPO without asking.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya
Online Content
Moderator-Avaya
LCR is the only way. It picks trunks in a round robin way, not ascending or descending.

OP Offline
Thanks for the confirmation. I did watch the system selecting outgoing lines and while it was clearly not simple ascending/descending, it didn't seem circular either.

So the bottom line is build a LCR table with no time profile, set the timeouts short (1 second?), populate each tab with the same code/TN/Dial and vary the Line Group IDs to force IOP to use the lines in reverse order, modulo busy.

The existence of the LCR (with no time profile) will force IPO to do the "LCR" on outbound calls and override the Line Group ID in the Dial-type system short codes.

Since my customer can't see dialing "9" for an outside call and we living in mandatory 11 digit dialing land, I have a system short code of 1N;/1N/Dial/13 and I fill the LCR tabs as follows:
Main:
1N/1N/Dial/13
Alt 1:
1N/1N/Dial/12
Alt 2:
1N/1N/Dial/11

Where my voice # is in group 11, fax # in 12, and alarm # in 13?

P.S. Would a system short code of 1XXXXXXXXXX/1N/Dial/13 be any faster or do I need to train them to add the "#" after they dial their 11 digits?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,706 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (JBean3329, mongo5150, Curlycord), 101 guests, and 242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024