web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#546501 02/23/13 01:31 PM
OP Offline
My buddy has a beer distributer, ( no that's not the only reason he's my buddy ) and I do his computer and alarm/camera work. He has a ESI-50L system and wants to add 2 more phones. I found the place on the punchdown block and added the 2 lines. The handsets say ext104 and 105 respectively, but they aren't active, meaning no dial tone, etc. If I press the program button it tells me how to set up the phone features for that particular station but not how to make it work in the system. I'm trying to understand the manual but can't seem to find where I need to be to "activate" the stations. I think I need to get into programming mode by entering the password but what to do after that has me confused. Can I get a little nudge in the right direction from you kind professionals with infinite wisdom??

Last edited by nonameyet; 02/24/13 11:21 PM. Reason: Password removed
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

The stations are activated but it sounds like they're not "set up". I would suggest hiring an ESI tech, one who's paid money and invested time to learn this system.

Aaron
OP Offline
Thanks for your suggestion. Does anyone have another that might be more helpful to my solving this problem myself? I'm still reading the manual......

Moderator-ESI - Executone
Moderator-ESI - Executone
If you have the installers manual, and you can't figure it out, your buddy should hire somebody that knows the system. It is his Business that you are messing with.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Are you billing him??

If so you are not doing him a favor but rather a big disservice by billing him for something you have no business trying to do.

The phones should work when they get cross connected .... if they don't they are not hooked up correctly.

If you would like a referral to an ESI reseller we would be happy to find one for you ..... if you are looking for us to explain in detail how to do what an installer does then this is the wrong forum for you.

You may think the people on this forum are being difficult in not giving you the information you desire. Those of us that are dealers and install the ESI know that the Comm Server 50 comes as a 4x8x2 as the basic system. Therefore all digital ports are "activated." If you can't get the phones to work, there is something else that is a PROBLEM and not something that can be resolved by asking questions on a forum. The suggestion to contact a trained ESI dealer is for your benefit and for the benefit of your buddy.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
Rcaman #546683 02/26/13 08:45 PM
OP Offline
Thank-you Rcaman for restoring my faith in humanity. The fact that you told me that they should work tells me that there is another issue. That is what I needed to know.

You are welcome. The forum is for helping and if we can, we try. Some issues require a more in depth understanding of the specific system and telephony, in general. Some of us have been doing this for 50 years, and some, even longer, so there is a wealth of information here. All questions are welcome.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,288
Posts638,794
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,350 Shoretel
189,000 CTX100 install
187,391 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 125 guests, and 399 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024