AtcomCloud Online Store
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#546737 02/27/13 10:02 PM
OP Offline
To my friends in the us these cuts that are supposed to take effect in a couple of days is it real serious or its just same old political b/s does anyone here will be affected by these cuts and is the gov doing anything about it???

Atcom VoIP Demo
VoIP Demo
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
The cuts are BS. They will effect nothing. Much much more needs to be cut for any good to happen. But it's a start.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
It is a huge issue here in the Washington, DC area where more than half of the work force is either working directly for the government or for government contractors. They have been cutting contracts and other expenditures for months and it is hitting us hard. The general consensus here is that the sequestration will happen tomorrow.

Fortunately, the furloughs of workers won't occur until April, so the local population will have a better idea of what is going to happen and plan their personal expenditures accordingly. That's what I'm hoping for.

On the other hand, this cut is just for future government expenditures (AKA: Budget cut), so maybe it will come and go just like a bad storm on Friday night.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Originally Posted by hitechcomm
The cuts are BS. They will effect nothing. Much much more needs to be cut for any good to happen. But it's a start.

Ditto!
85 billion is pocket change to what needs to happen IMO.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
I hear this drop in the bucket crap from both sides. A billion is just a drop in the bucket, a trillion over 10 years is just a drop in the bucket, well it only cost 400 million and that's a drop in the bucket. Well you dip shits in both parties you get enough drops and you'll fill the bucket. Get off your asses and do what you were elected to do, all of you. This stupid partisan BS is really getting old.

And that's about as political as I get. I've said this so many times, neither party has a lock on stupid, there's plenty going around.

Retired phone dude
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Originally Posted by justbill
I've said this so many times, neither party has a lock on stupid, there's plenty going around.

You will get no aurgument from me on that one!

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Maybe it is effecting people in DC more then the rest of us. But let's remember they are supposed to be working for us. We pay there wages, there health care and there benifits.
We can't afford the spending anymore.
I don't like to see anyone lose there jobs but to many Americans have already. We are becoming a welfare country and it must stop. Spending must be cut.

Originally Posted by justbill
neither party has a lock on stupid, there's plenty going around.

No argument here either.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Originally Posted by hitechcomm
Spending must be cut.

This is what I see as the problem. Too many think it's a one item fix, raise taxes or cut spending. There is way too many ways we waste money to even list them all, fraud, waste, pet projects attached to bills, loopholes, lobbiest, pork, corporate welfare, off shore accounts, bridges to nowhere, and the list goes on and on.

I just wonder where we would be if there were no corruption in government, pretty well off I'd be willing to bet, even with the spending.

Retired phone dude
Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
Recently, we all took a 2% hit with the increase in the payroll tax. That was on money we had earned. Money coming out of our pockets. The government is screaming about a reduction in the spending of money they don't really have!

I just wonder if they do the lobotomy before or after they're sworn in?

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics93,685
Posts636,169
Members49,606
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
Today's Birthdays
Baron-B, Breneer, dingaling, EV607797, Jase, MED, Mike Robertson, MILLBAX, RANJAN, RootExposure, Tman66
Newest Members
Uranium-235, grahamw, Motel6Guy, JustAGuy, Dialtony
49,605 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 10
Yoda 9
dexman 7
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 30 guests, and 23 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: Best VoIP Phones | Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers.
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2022