web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello all. I am working on a cutover project from an Executone system to Cisco UCM. I'm afraid I know very little about the Executone system, but am trying to gather as much data as I can about it. I'm afraid I don't know which system it is, but there are 3 wall mounted cabinets and it has phones M18, M32 and M64 on it, if that helps you any. I have learned how the cards count and can identify which ports have what extensions (from the phone room terminal F-screen).

The system is fed by PRIs. The next thing I hope to accomplish is map which DIDs go to which extensions. Unfortunately this system is a bit odd, as people tell me their internal extension is 9996, but their DID is NXX-8996 for example. Can someone shed some light on which menus I would find this or how to gather it? I have the full list of DIDs from the telco, and suspect many are not in use, just trying to learn how they are mapped.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

xenolith;
The mapping for the DID number can be found under Digit
Translation table. Its not listed as DID Programming on the Main menu. Hope this helps.

If you would like remote help please feel free to send me a PM.
Can provide you with information about system from configuration, DID information and routing, phone and line counts.
Or explain screens to you real time.

mjc
OP Offline
Thank you both for your replies. I will be back at the site this coming week and will see how far I can get. We were covered up last week with contractor on site setting the new phones. I'll let you all know how it goes.

The old "Y" "A" screens. so easy to program and flexible as hell. IT could translate to any extension, group, outside line, ID number etc. I don't really see anything as robust as this screen in the newer systems, and it was designed over 25 years ago.
That and the "C" screen, one of the most intuitive troubleshooting tools ever created. The newer manufacturers should be as inventive as executone was. Too bad it had "shi--y management, the product was the best!
Tj

Oh how true that is TJ. That's why Intertel (now Mitel) wanted the software rights. So they could get rid of the product as it was their number 1 competition.

mjc
Moderator-ESI - Executone
Moderator-ESI - Executone
No Other System I have Ever worked with had that ' C ' Screen. what an Awesome Tech Tool !!

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )
George Ferguson
Unregistered
George Ferguson
Unregistered
AMEN

Moderated by  nonameyet, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 124 guests, and 238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024