web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Tariq Offline OP
OP Offline
I love this forum and i am sure i will get some sort of sulotion from here.

i am stuck up with metering pulse detection issue in OS7070, Local Central office is providing MPD signal and very old PABX is working with this facility now we are going to replace this PBX with OS 7070 but when we test MPD facility in OS7070 we could not get proper setup iam sure this is becouse we dont know exactly how to program the OS7070.I have read that Our NX series has been working with the MPD as well as PRS so why we cannot go with OS 7000 sereis .

I am writing my steps which may clear my missing programming

I connected my PABX with my Note book and run Hyper terminal to get SMDR raw data,
In 414 i mentioned all trunk with MPD

ANY BODY KNOWS THAT IS SOME THING MISSING ,Whenever i make call the duration is coming 00:00:00 thats why my Call logging software programmer cannot differentiate the metured and un metured calls

DO I NEED TO PROGRAM THIS CALL COST ,Hotel feature enable OR whatever

Any body has some advice.

Thanks

Tariq

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

MPD is pretty rare now as it is not compatible with ADSL service on the same line, in the UK is was withdrawn about six years ago.

All I can offer is from odd bits of information I've seen:

On old Samsung systems you had to plug in additional PRS or MPD modules to sockets on the trunk card to enable polarity reversal or meter pulse detection respectively.

I belive that the 4TRM (OS7100) and 4TM (OS7030) analog trunk cards support polarity reversal detection as standard (as the DAA chips support this), but there appears to be no information in the General Description or Installation manuals.

There is a caution in the OfficeServ Programming Manual "This MPD facility requires the Meter Pulse Detection version of the trunk card." - it is unclear if this is a special version of the trunk card, or if you can fit MPD modules to some cards (there are sockets on the 4TM and 8TRK but NOT the 4TRM).

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,459 Shoretel
188,318 CTX100 install
187,091 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
C5Z 2
Who's Online Now
1 members (Carl Navarro), 145 guests, and 348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024