web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
oops Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a Mitel SX200 ml/el phone system with express messenger. I have a user that has an analog phone that will not forward to voice mail.

When the ext. is dialed from internal or a call is placed to the main line and that extention is slected it will ring 7 or so times and then dump the call back into the main greeting.

When the DID for that phone is called it will just keep ringging with no voice mail or dump back to the main greeting.

If I go into the voice mail system and creat a message I can put it into that ext.'s mailbox and the user can check the message.

Some testing I have done...

I removed the ext from its current bay/slot/port location by deletion and deleted the vm box and recreated. No Change.

I deleted the ext from its current location (on an ops card) and moved it to an ONS card. No change.

I deleted the ext and used a different (new) ext and created a mailbox for that ext. and this new ext./vmbox still had the same symptoms as with the problem ext.

The only thing that has worked right is to delete the ext. from it's current locaiton, reprogram on a digital card, and setup forwards for busy and no answer. When this worked there was a very very long (I had given up on it but was called away and when I came back it was done booting) "waiting on comm" boot process.

Also of note...
When moving from the analog to digital cards I changed to the appropriate COS.

I have analog lines that can be called and a message left and I have been using the same COS/COR

I only tried moving to the digital because the user told me that at one time (before my time) she thought there was a digital phone used.

While the digial phone did work it really isn't a workable solution and I would like to know what else I can try to resolve this issue. I should be able to provide here with an analog phone that can go to VM on busy or no answer like others on site. I am out of answers and would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks-

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

You've mentioned a lot of programing,but nothing about setting the call forwarding, for the analog extension.
You can either use the call forward access code(s), or set the forwarding via the console.
Phones do not automatically forward to voicemail, in the older ML/EL systems.

www.ResaleSystems.com 24 x 7 Mitel Parts and Free Tech Support
oops Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey Fifty5
I appreciate your assistance. That sounds exactly like what I need to do, particularly since moving to the digital card and changing the foward (using the superset key) worked. I have not needed to do this before and have not worked with using the access code(s) or the console. Can you give me a bit more information on each? I assume that access codes are specific to each install, but perhaps an idea of where to find them in the phone system and then I can make the change from the phone. It may be that the console is the easiest method so some details on that would be great as well. Thanks-

In form #2, check the access code for feature #3.
From your analog phone, dial the access code, then a 4 (condition 4 equals busy/no answer), then dial the voicemail hunt group access code (call forward destimation). You should receive confirmation tone.
There are a few possible variations, but this is the standard method.
If using the console, Function, Att. Function, Stations, enter ext. number, call fwd, etc. would be the keystrokes.

oops Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey Fifty5
Thanks again for your help. I was able to get a look at the access codes in the system and setup the forwarding, but the access code form isn't enough. Knowing to hit 4 to specify busy/no answer was not listed anywhere...except in your post :-) Is there a list of these options that are associated with access codes (but are not access codes) somewhere? Thanks again.

1=Always
2=No answer
3=Busy
4=Busy/No Answer.
I'd highly reccommend getting hold of the technical docs.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,784
Members49,766
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,806 Shoretel
188,965 CTX100 install
187,202 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Touch Tone Tommy), 162 guests, and 191 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024