web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi all. Thanks for welcoming me to the forum.

Background:
My company has a TX-TDA100 and a TX-TVA50. Both systems were setup be certified installers and were working correctly after install. Over the years we have had to make minor changes as employees have come and gone. I am the one responsible for those changes. I have 'Installer' level access to both the TDA and TVA maintenance console software.

The problem I'm having is that on a few of the mailboxes the custom 'No Answer Greeting' is not picking up... it is using the systems default 'No Answer Greeting' instead. The default greeting is a voice that says: "Sorry, no one is available to answer the call. To leave a message press 1" etc etc. Now, the interesting part is that when I have 'DND' or 'FWD No Ans' set on the phone it has no problem going to the custom recorded voicemail message.

Screenshot of some of the settings is attached.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Attached Images
Untitled.jpg
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

That's the way it has always worked.

Using Supervised Transfer on the TVA, an AA xfer to the phone will be met with Sorry no one is available.......
If the phone is CF to VM it will get the Greeting that is recorded in the mailbox,(if it is recorded). Use Call Fwd No Answer on all phones.
If you don't like the flashing light use the Intercept feature, this will do the same thing without the Light flashing.
That assumes you have the software level to use that feature.
That is the easy way as no end user can change their setting.

You may need a tech to come out and upgrade the software.

Last edited by brokeda; 04/11/13 12:43 PM.
OP Offline
Wow. Thank you! Sometimes being told "it's supposed to work like that" is enough. I got it working as desired. Just to clarify for any future visitors, I went to the FWD/DND option in the KX-TDA Maintenance Console and set my FWD option to go to destination 444 and the "No Answer" time to 10. Then I press the FWD/DND button on the phone so it is a solid light. The part that was confusion me is that the FWD "No Answer" time was set to 1... basically both the DND and the FWD were immediately dumping it to voicemail.

All set now. Thanks again.

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, Touch Tone Tommy), 124 guests, and 241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024