web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
getcit Offline OP
OP Offline
So here is one that has me boggled. I have a client with two systems, an OS7400 in one city and an OS7100 in another city. They are connected over a VPN tunnel. Currently they have VOIP connecting to the OS7400 (set to private/public). I have the SPLink setup and MMC838 set to point to the OS7100 since they are on very different subnets. I can make calls as such:

OS7400 Digital to OS7100
OS7400 Digital to VOIP
OS7100 Digital to OS7400
VOIP to OS7400
VOIP to OS7100
VOIP to VOIP

I cannot get the OS7100 Digital sets to dial successfully to the VOIP. It seems to just go to voicemail. They can leave, the person get the voicemail, and then call back, but this isn't very efficient. Being that it is on the VPN, there shouldn't be any ports blocked over it.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can look at? I feel like we are missing *one* setting. It's just frustrating that we are on the last leg of this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Hi,

Did you enable VPN on the officeserv (5.14.3)

You need to incorporate the whole network in 838. For Example - If site A is 192.168.3.xxx and Site B is 192.168.4.xxx then in mmc838 you need to enter 192.168.255.255 in the field. You also might have to set the private w public to private only.

Last edited by Ironhedz; 03/18/13 08:59 PM.
Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
Mmc838 is only required when you have private with public turned on, and have both public and private ip traffic (eg sip trunks via public, and spnet or ip phones on a different subnet (such as via vpn or private ip (mpls))

Setting private only negates the need for mmc838

getcit Offline OP
OP Offline
We have to have Private w/ Public on the OS7400 site since they have outside VOIP phones. Setting it to Private only kills that.

From what I understood, I need to only put in the phone system & MGI IPs in MMC838, not the whole subnet. Why would I do a subnet?

I will look a the VPN setting and see what we have there. Thanks for the idea.

I appreciate all the input on this.

getcit Offline OP
OP Offline
Vimponia> Unfortunately 5.14.3 didn't seem to have anything that was related to the issue.

Yesterday, we figured out the OS7100 to VOIP calling issue. We needed to add a 32** to Ring Plan B in 3.2.3. That took care of it.

Unfortunately, now I get to tackle why the DIDs assigned in 3.2.3 to the VOIP extensions do not ring to them. Instead they ring to the receptionist at the OS7400 location (which is what the VOIPs are based off). AWe have the DIDs listed in 3.2.3 pointing to the VOIP extensions for Ring Plan 1-6. It is formatted the same as all the DIDs pointing to Digital extensions which work without issue.

I turned ON the DID Error Tone in 5.14.4, which confirmed when I dialed the DID that it came up as unavailable, which is why it was ringing to the receptionist. However, if it is in 3.2.3, it shouldn't come up as undefined.

I saw references in the Programming Manual that said if DID Error Tone was off, that it would ring the operator group if it wasn't found in 5.15.8. All extensions are listed in there the same way.

I have gone through the manual searching for anything DID related, and cannot find what I must be missing. Any ideas on this? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer on this.

getcit Offline OP
OP Offline
I just realized that I never gave a follow-up on this. It turns out that the carrier wasnt passing all 7 digits, only 4. That's why anything that wasn't DID to ext similar didn't work. Once they changed it and set it to pass all 7 digits, everything worked perfectly.

Thanks for all input on this.

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,784
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,055 Shoretel
188,981 CTX100 install
187,206 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
4 members (erniejoey, Yoda, MooreTel, BobRobert), 139 guests, and 179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024