web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Working on an InteTel Axxess 5.352 system. Customer wants to forward calls to his cell phone. We've verified that it's working when doing it manually from the phone itself using the fwd key.

Is there a way the customer can call-in to the system to turn it on and off for a specific DID?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
Upon further reflection/research, I guess my real question is... how do I program their trunk for DISA? As far as I can tell, there is no access number assigned to the trunk.

You could program a DID for DISA, and use the Remote Programming feature. It's real kludgy, and I would expect the end-user to screw up about 50% of his attempts to use it.

OP Offline
No doubt... but, they want it, nonetheless.

I've assigned a DID to DISA via call routing tables. When I call it all I get is consistent tone... must be missing something.

OP Offline
I need a little direction. From what I can piece together the DISA not only needs a number assigned, but needs to be assigned to a CO Trunk Group. Correct?

They've got 9201 assigned as their "Main T1" with day/night programming assigned to all stations. It contains all the trunks - 7 of them. Then they've got "PP011" with the description "unused CO trunks", but there are no trunks assigned to the group.

Where do I go from here? I don't know where to program the DISA to or how to setup a security code for it.

The constant tone is the DISA dial tone.

The DISA security code is programmed in the trunk group. To the very right side of the screen, at the ring in destination, you can enter the security code.

Moderator-Inter-Tel
Moderator-Inter-Tel
Originally Posted by philodendrin
No doubt... but, they want it, nonetheless.

I've assigned a DID to DISA via call routing tables. When I call it all I get is consistent tone... must be missing something.

If you are getting a solid tone, that is correct.

Originally Posted by philodendrin
I need a little direction. From what I can piece together the DISA not only needs a number assigned, but needs to be assigned to a CO Trunk Group. Correct?

They've got 9201 assigned as their "Main T1" with day/night programming assigned to all stations. It contains all the trunks - 7 of them. Then they've got "PP011" with the description "unused CO trunks", but there are no trunks assigned to the group.

Where do I go from here? I don't know where to program the DISA to or how to setup a security code for it.

You are correct that the security code for DISA must be set up on the trunk group. The problem is that you would have to assign all 7 channels of their T1 to this trunk group set up for DISA, as every time a DID is called, it does not necessarily come through on the same channel. This would obviously not be a viable solution as you would have effectively aimed all of their incoming lines to DISA. Not only is that a security risk, but now no calls are routing.

Your best option (other than talking them out of this as DND ON alluded to) would be to use an unused loop start line that you could assign to its own trunk group. This would require that they have an LSC card in the system of course.

Other than that, you could use a DID like you mentioned but would not be able to assign a security code.

The rest is just remote call forwarding just like you would do from an internal phone. You can find out how to do that in the manual or possibly on a search within this forum.

Moderator-Inter-Tel
Moderator-Inter-Tel
Looks like DND ON responded before I could finish my post. Sorry to talk over you. smile

OP Offline
Thanks. Got the security code in there.

Following these instructions (below - from Stix1) with no luck. At Step 4 I enter 355 + 8 (for outside line) + my cell with area code. Then hang-up. I tested from an outside line and it just rings through to the company voicemail. Tried again, this time hitting # after the feature code... still no luck.

Remote Call Forwarding

The Remote Call Forward Programming feature allows you to forward a station’s calls, either from another station or through DISA. Each station has a password to limit access to this feature. This feature is handy if you need to make changes from a remote node or from your IP phone.

1. If calling from an outside telephone, access the system through a DISA line and enter the Remote Programming feature code (359). Or, from another extension, just enter the Remote Programming feature code (359).

2. Enter the extension to be forwarded.

3. Enter the extension’s password, followed by #. (This password defaults to your extension number, but you can change it.)

4. To turn on Call Forward enter one of the Call Forward feature codes. To turn off Call Forward, enter feature code (355) and then hang up instead of entering a destination.

Call Forward All Calls (355)
Call Forward If Busy (357)
Call Forward If No Answer (356)
Call Forward If no Answer/Busy (358)
5. Enter the forwarding destination.

6. Hang up to complete the programming.

Moderator-Inter-Tel
Moderator-Inter-Tel
To reiterate what DND ON said, calling in from an outside line to do this programming is extremely unsuccessful. To be honest, I think a 50% success rate is even a little high.

Your best bet would be to practice the remote call forward from an internal phone to the phone that needs to be forwarded. Don't do it through DISA at all. This will give you the proper keystrokes that need to be performed. You will know that you did it right because the phone in question will show "All calls forwarded to 1-123-456-7890" i.e.

Get at least that part correct before trying from the outside.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,288
Posts638,794
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,349 Shoretel
188,999 CTX100 install
187,390 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ashley), 114 guests, and 399 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024