web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I apologize, I should've been more specific. the unit we use is an IP based unit (gets its updates by connecting to our MoH server via the Internet). This client has similar issues before they became our client. The unit we are using currently is our latest and most commonly used units...I never experienced anything like this before...It is either all good, or all bad. Do you think separtaing the audio file into separate voice cuts and inject BGM music between paragraphs as separtae files would help?
I also acted on the suggestion of creating a music only file and waiting for the unit to pick it up. I will report the outcome at that time.

Than

We are a Message on Hold Company that contracts phone technicians Worldwide...Earn money with us by doing installations, referrals or both...please call or email for details.

Ollie North
www.Spectrio.com
[email protected]
800-584-4653 ext. 6440
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
Would a bad PRI cause this issue? How do I prove it?

We are a Message on Hold Company that contracts phone technicians Worldwide...Earn money with us by doing installations, referrals or both...please call or email for details.

Ollie North
www.Spectrio.com
[email protected]
800-584-4653 ext. 6440
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Yes, if the PRI is being delivered via some form of VOIP. The sampling/compression rate of IP causes this, even on cell phones. Ask the service provider if they are using IP as the transport medium and I think that you'll find your answer there.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
OP Offline
Thanks a lot ED. by saying the "Service Providor" are you referring to the phone company that provided the PRI? I know the MoH unit is an IP based unit, but it does not stream alive audio, it just connects, loads the updates on its own internal memory stick, then plays audio even if the network cord is connected...everything becomes local at the unit after the audio is loaded to it.

Ollie North
www.Spectrio.com
[email protected]
800-584-4653 ext. 6440
OP Offline
Sorry Ed, I meant the unit does not need to be on the network in order to play MoH after the updates are loaded.

Ollie North
www.Spectrio.com
[email protected]
800-584-4653 ext. 6440
Definitely weird. Hope you find a cure.

Did You monitor the playback via BGM thru the system phone as i asked you to do ?

-TJ-
OP Offline
Sorry TJ, the location is 60 miles away from our technician, and he had not been back there yet...We kind of wanted to find a solution before we sent him out again.

Here is what we did today:
We redid the audio file andtotally removed the music...we only have the voice portion playing with no gaps. It sounds crystal clear. It almost seems as if the PRI is not translating the music frequency correctly!!

Ollie North
www.Spectrio.com
[email protected]
800-584-4653 ext. 6440
I Was looking thru a European SV8100 Release 9 Feature manual and came across this .

"It has been observed that some professional recording tools insert footer information to the saved wav
file. This footer can be intepreted as noise by the media player used by the SV8100. Please ensure that
the wav file does not contain any footer information prior to uploading the file. If necessary the footer can
be removed by using suitable text editing software similar to Notepad++."

Not sure if it's any help to the OP..

Regards,

Paul W
Now back to a 0 day week. Love these 7 day weekends.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,316 CTX100 install
187,089 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 147 guests, and 383 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024