web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have just had an old Axxent system installed at my firm, and because I went to engineering school (a lifetime ago), I am responsible for it.

We have one trunk group, 9201. There are four outside lines that "ring-in" to the receptionist's extension only. I have confirmed that she can dial out to a particular external number without restrictions. When I forward outside calls that ring-in to her extension to any other inside extension it works fine (all, busy, no answer). But when I try to forward to the aforementioned external number, it just "rings in." (Actually, this situation is true with regard to every extension, not just the receptionist.)

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help. P.S. I really am not very technical, so simple is better. smile

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RCA Offline
What is the procedure you used to forward? Do calls ring in directly to recep phone or to a hunt group with only the recep in it?

Rhett
OP Offline
Procedure: 355, select a line, dial outside number, wait for display to say "All Calls Forward To ###-####."

There are no extensions in any hunt group (255-264). Calls ring in directly to rec only.

Here's a possible clue. When set as above, an inside extension call to the receptionist DOES get forwarded to the outside number. Only the outside call does not get forwarded. Seems like some kind of security issue.

Also I tried to forward rec to a station speed dial programmed to the same outside number. Exact same result: outside calls do not get forwarded; inside extension calls do get forwarded.

Also, I just checked . . . the above behavior (outside calls do not get forwarded; inside extension calls do get forwarded) applies to every extension in the place.

Also, maybe you should know that the telco has set up a hunt group for my four incoming lines. Would this matter?

Would it help (or even make sense) to put each incoming telco line into a separate trunk group?

Again, thanks to all who helpfully respond!!

RCA Offline
Try 355, 8, xxx-xxxx # (pound sign). 8 will select any available line for you. Test 8 first by pressing 8 and see if it gives you an outside line.

It wont help putting each trunk in its own group.

If this does not work, reply back here. I have an Axxeent laying around and I will see what it takes.

Rhett
Look in your Trunk Group Programming for 9201. Make sure your Ring In for Day/Night is set for Single Ring In and not Multiple Ring In. I suspect the Trunk Group is set for Multiple Ring but only the Reception Phone is in the Include List.

Also FYI, you may want to increase the Unsupervised CO System Timer if those calls are to last longer than 5 mins.

OP Offline
RCA: Dialing 8 / # instead of selecting a line and just waiting makes no difference.

benedogg: Using the Administrator phone I checked Trunk Group 9201 with regard to which entension(s) are set for ring-in. It is only the rec.

However, I think you are on to something here. When the system was initially set-up, the installer suggested, and I agreed, that our four lines should ring-in to both the rec and the break room, and he set it up that way.

When I learned that having multiple Ring-In always prevents forwarding to an outside line, I removed the break room from both the Day and Night Ring-In by using the Administrator phone, but I did not change any other database programming (and can not because I have neither the software nor the special cable).

Is this my problem? Is there any way to fix it without having access to the programming software and special cable?

If not, in your opinion, do you think I should be charged by the Inter-Tel local unit (who installed the system) for fixing this problem? After all, the installer did not explain the "downside" to his multiple Ring-In suggestion. (In all fairness, he said he was an installer with enough programming knowledge to get us going, but not a programmer.)

Again, thanks so much smile for your help.

RCA Offline
""However, I think you are on to something here. When the system was initially set-up, the installer suggested, and I agreed, that our four lines should ring-in to both the rec and the break room, and he set it up that way.""

That would make this trunk group either a 'multi ring' or to a hunt group.

""When I learned that having multiple Ring-In always prevents forwarding to an outside line, I removed the break room from both the Day and Night Ring-In by using the Administrator phone, but I did not change any other database programming (and can not because I have neither the software nor the special cable).

Is this my problem? Is there any way to fix it without having access to the programming software and special cable?""

It doesnt matter that you turned off the other phone from ringing, the trunk group is still set up for multi ring in.

""If not, in your opinion, do you think I should be charged by the Inter-Tel local unit (who installed the system) for fixing this problem? After all, the installer did not explain the "downside" to his multiple Ring-In suggestion. (In all fairness, he said he was an installer with enough programming knowledge to get us going, but not a programmer.)""

You will be charged if someone comes out unless you can find a person that does this as a hobby. It is impossible to explain all the in's and out's of programming changes that are requested by customers.

Here is my suggestion. You really do need the programming software but since you know how to get into progamming through the Admn phone you could try moving a trunk just to test or move all the trunks into another trunk group. By default, trunk groups are set as 'single ring in' wich in turn should give you your forwarding ability. Now here are some downsides smile If you have any trunk group buttons on your phones those will need to be changed. If your outgoing button is programmed to a trunk group, that will need to be changed. By default, a station list is set for outgoing access in a trunk group, if those have been altered, it will need some programming. The list goes on and on. Your better off having someone come out. This shouldnt take that long.

Rhett
OP Offline
I move one trunk to another trunk group and that solved the problem. So I am waiting for the cable and programming software that I ordered to fix the multiple ring-in on 9201. I'll let you guys know if I succeed in doing so. Thanks for your help.

P.S. I've started another post "What's Needed to Add Voicemail to Axxent v2 System?" If you have a parts list and installation suggestions, I'd sure appreciate the info.

OP Offline
I received the cable and solved the problem in about two minutes (after I figured out which COM port on my computer to connect to the Axxent system). Thank you -- thank you -- thank you -- to everyone who contributed to a perfect outcome, and especially to Dan Holdstein at MainResource.com.

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,461 Shoretel
188,321 CTX100 install
187,092 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 110 guests, and 372 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024