web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I think i need a bit of software with a new boot file so i can recover the OS7030
the boot file i have on the 7030 is bt30v440.bin and i think may be corrupt can anyone send me a new one so i can try the recovery procedure ??

thanks for the help

emeraldpaddy
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
What makes you think the boot file is corrupt?

The boot file is stored on a EEPROM chip, so if its corrupt you won't be able to recover the system unless you have a working replacement chip or a EEPROM programmer with the boot file to re-program the suspect chip.

It's most likely your software image files that are corrupt (recovered a few cabinets due to this).

Hook up the sio cable and see what output you get

OP Offline
I'm not sure but it mentioned something about a boot file ending in .bin
In a document I have on how to recover a 7030 but I'm still a bit stuck I have the serial cable setup and I have the latest 4.60b software on my laptop
If you could go through the steps I'd be gratefull thanks

emeraldpaddy
Hiiiii

pls send to me Sofware package for boot file needed OS7030 v4.53

THANKS

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
I will require your email address to send the file(s) to you.

Please provide one (you can PM me if you wish), or update your profile so it contains one.

Thanks

PLS. send file to ([email protected])

THANKS.....for your coop.

Got the same problem trying to recover an OS7030, can log onto it with a terminal program and tftpd32 through the sio port, I can watch the system cycle through trying to boot and fail to start, I've got all the software packages from 4.30 up but none of them include the boot file bt30v440.bin to reload with the recovery procedure

The bt30v440.bin file is a separate download as its not really needed on updates. I have made a guide that i sent out to my engineers to use on site to recover 7030's. The boot file isn't really needed like nameless said. If you want i can send you the bootfile if i can find it?

I found and downloaded a copy of the .bin file and have the system booted back up and running again but without VM prompts so I'll have to go through it again to upload the VM folder, I wasn't doing an upgrade I was doing a recovery from corrupt files but I think your right I don't think I needed the .bin file I could see the boot file version in the system as it was booting and it probably wouldn't have been booting if it wasn't there or was corrupted as well. I had to change the names of the drXXXX.pkg, csXXXX.pkg and msXXXX.pkg files in the boot sequence to match the files I uploading from the software package folder so it would look for the correct files

pls send to me Sofware package for boot file v4.53
[email protected]

Telecom and networking
pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
What you really want is the 4.93software to prevent this from happening again.Google it

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,702 CTX100 install
186,790 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 108 guests, and 189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024