Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
James Nash
Unregistered
James Nash
Unregistered
I wanted to know how to setup a day greeting and night greeting on a schedule. both greetings are recorded, day greeting on MB990 and Night greeting would be on MB991, the reason I use 2 MB is because they both have different options. any help would be great I tried setting it up with auto in MB and that didn't work exactly how I want it to.

Last edited by James Nash; 05/31/13 12:26 PM.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Assuming you have an IVP8 since you are referencing 990 and 991, here is what I would do. Set your auto schedule up in each mailbox so that greeting 1 is the day mode and greeting 2 would be the night mode. Then record your day greeting in mb 990 greeting 1 and in mb991 greeting 1 record a second of dead air. Then for night mode record a second of dead air in mb 990 greeting 2, and the night greeting in mb 991 greeting 2. This way the day mode is using the menu options of mb 990 and the night mode is using the menu options of mb 991.

I can think of a few other ways of accomplishing this but this method should work.

I think RRino's solution would work good. I don't think I had thought about doing it this way before. It pretty much leaves the default mailboxes in place. The only issue I can see is if someone makes an invalid entry during the day (such as pressing a 4 when there is no option 4). They would get sent to the MB 991 which has no greeting.

The default greeting is the pair, 990 and 991. Once you make changes to this, you may get undesirable results. You should also be aware of the error handling, which will by default go to 991 (since Toshiba never added an 'On Error' field)

I would do it a little different (many different ways to do the same thing). I would leave 990 blank, use 991 as the day message, and create a MB992 as the night. Then the schedule would toggle DND off and add @G(992) to the 991 MB.
As a bonus I could route the night mode button to go directly to 992, although erroneous caller entries during the day would still bounce back to 991.

Just a thought:

If manual Day/Night selection is an option.

You could set up mailboxes for Day and Night use and then use Pilot DN's to target them based on the mode this system is in. Then you could record a message in 991 informing the callers they have made an incorrect entry and to select 1 for day or 2 for night to transfer back to the appropriate greeting.

Jason

Toshiba/Avaya/Nortel Installations and Service.

Honeywell-Paradox-Kantech-Keyscan-HIKvision Access control and CCTV
James Nash
Unregistered
James Nash
Unregistered
Thanks Travis I will try this one although I did try a similar approach to this, but I had one issue, when I did this the feature that allows you to access voicemails wasn't working while night mode was active. Noted I had it set to do forwarding constantly which may have been my problem.

James Nash
Unregistered
James Nash
Unregistered
Originally Posted by WiringSolutions
Just a thought:

If manual Day/Night selection is an option.

You could set up mailboxes for Day and Night use and then use Pilot DN's to target them based on the mode this system is in. Then you could record a message in 991 informing the callers they have made an incorrect entry and to select 1 for day or 2 for night to transfer back to the appropriate greeting.

Follow up question if I were to set it up for WiringSolutions if I were to set it up with Day and Night using Pilot DN's how would I go about doing this. I'm sorry if this question is extremely basic, but I was kinda thrown into the phone systems with no prior knowledge in the middle of last week.

First off you will need Network Emanager to make the changes to the system.

You might need to contact a local dealer for help setting this up.

Jason

Toshiba/Avaya/Nortel Installations and Service.

Honeywell-Paradox-Kantech-Keyscan-HIKvision Access control and CCTV
James Nash
Unregistered
James Nash
Unregistered
Originally Posted by WiringSolutions
First off you will need Network Emanager to make the changes to the system.

You might need to contact a local dealer for help setting this up.

I do have the network Emanager setup and ready to go.

I have two slightly different routines for this day/night AA options. I leave 990 and 991 to handle the day calles but for night I would DIT to a polit number that directs calls to a set of mailbox I set up for the night greeting. I use 980 and 981 for that.

The other routine I use is for the occasion the day time AA is ment to catch calls when a human does not get it in time. In this case I let 990 and 991 handle the night calls and make up a MCG and tie is to a new mailbox to handle the day calls.

Another option would be to set it up like it's two separate businesses. Set up a second hunt group, one would be 250 hunting to 220-221 and the other would be 251 hunting to ports 222-223 (if you're on a CIX40). You'll also have to change the ports in the VM, the first two ring 990 and the second two ring 991. Then just set up the day and night digits to 250 and 251.

Obviously if it's an 8port VM you'd split into 4 and 4. This might be a good workaround though.

I've done this setup for entities that act as two separate businesses, even though they're the same owners in the same building, where one side might be a fishing and hunting store and the other side is a daycare. (ha)

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,785
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,065 Shoretel
188,981 CTX100 install
187,207 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (dans), 129 guests, and 180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024