web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#55673 10/17/06 02:11 AM
OP Offline
Hi, our 9.1 Axxess system has four PRI's and all 8622 IP sets. We also have one IP set with the 6 line display. For diagnostic and troubleshooting purposes can I purposefully pick up a specific trunk on a PRI to dial out on? Can I determine for a call I am dialing which trunk I am on? According to our Inter-Tel vendor neither is possible. But if I have a network side voice issue I'd like to be able to isolate it to a particular PRI circuit.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

You can directly select ISDN B-channels, you just have to know the extension number of the trunk. You cannot determine which trunk you are on when you dial out using the 'outgoing' button, the only way to know is to directly select the trunk. If you are having audio issues, it will not be a trunk-level issue, it will be a T-1 issue. If you have DB Studio s/w you can look at the T-1 card diagnostics by going to System\Cabinets\T-1 Card\T1 Diagnostics. If the amount of errors listed are more than a couple an hour, then your T-1 is running 'dirty' and you provider needs to run hard loop tests on that circuit.

OP Offline
Thanks very much! I didn't realize every trunk had an extension number, that's just what I need. We recently had an issue where one of our PRI's wasn't handling outbound locals correctly, and still have an issue where some of our PRI's don't handle international outbound. Now I can force a call across a specific PRI to see where the problem is.

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
4 members (Professor Shadow, Curlycord, dans, Toner), 94 guests, and 255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024