web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello all, I've lurked here for quite a while but this is my first time posting. I hope someone can help, this is probably easy for a pro. I'm traditionally a computer guy but I've been saddled with the responsibility of taking care of our company phone system too and often I can figure things out but this time I'm stumped.

First, we have a Toshiba Strata CTX 100. We have a DID set up that goes to the main business number and rings to the phone at the desk of our receptionist. We have three different routing things setup in program 309 (Strata E-mananger). So that we can switch between 309 05, 309 06 and 309 07 to either ring at that desk, roll back to the ACD system, or to go to the night time voicemail box, all by way of dialing digits. Well in 309 07 (night time) it just has the dialing digits of 400 which sends the call to our company voicemail box.

The complaint of our management is that it doesn't ring. When it's on that setting, if someone calls it just skips ringing and goes directly to the voicemail box greeting with our after hours information. So, I thought I'd create a phantom DN and put that voicemail box with the after hours message in it. It ALMOST works but not quite. It does ring but then when it goes to that voicemail box it only plays the greeting but not the instructional greeting which is what has our after hours information in it.

Does anyone have any advice? I'm really frustrated...

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

By default only the main greeting mailbox 990 has an instructional greeting, even though other mailboxes have that option.

The simplest solution would be to record the entire message as part of the greeting and ignore the instructional greeting.

While you did not say what type of voice mail system you have, since you mentioned the Instructional greeting, I hope I can assume that you have a Stratagy Enterprise server in the form of a Strata ES stand alone PC, a MAS or MicroMAS, or a Stratagy IES embedded voicemail card.

Do you have the software to manager the voicemail or is the voice mail system managed by you Emanager software?

OP Offline
Hello David! Thanks for the reply! We do have a MAS and we do use E-manager to manage the voicemail system. We have always changed the greetings and stuff with a handset though.

It IS actually mailbox 990 that we use for the company greeting that I'm having trouble with. I didn't mention that because I wasn't sure if it was a default or something the installers setup.

So, I am considering the option to record the entire message as part of the greeting and ignoring the instructional greeting. But it's still frustrating that the dial digits 400 gets me both messages, but using a phantom dn as the dial digits to get to that mailbox only plays the greeting and not both.

Thanks again for your reply!

Last edited by strata_user; 08/27/13 10:44 PM. Reason: wording
If it plays anything, it should play the second part, the Instructional greeting and not the 1st main greeting. If the voice mail runs into an error, such as a caller entering an invalid mailbox number, it goes back to the instructional greeting, and doesn't replay the 1st part. I have never heard the 1st part play without the second "Instructional" greeting immediately following.

Mailbox 990 is the default. When you send a caller to the voice mail system directly (ext 400 on your case), the default 990 greeting, then 990 instructional greeting will play. You would not necessarily need a VMID code if you want the default greeting to play.

If you use a phantom DN, or a multiple call group that forwards to voicemail, just leave the VMID blank, or do what a previous tech at my company used to do, use a VMID code that does not match any mailbox. He liked to use 666. You should hear both greetings.

OP Offline
YES! Thank you sooo much. Using a non-existent voicemail ID is what did it. It worked and I hear both greetings now.

It rings 5 times though, and if I know my picky employers they'll now be complaining that it rings too many times instead of not at all. Is there an easy way to change the number of rings?

Thanks SO much!

OP Offline
Hello again,

I found program 104 08 in E-manager which will let me set the number of rings for CF No Answer globally, but is there a way to set it for this Phantom DN individually?

Thanks!

You should be able to program the CFBNA time for the PhDN at the set using the proper CF code (while off hook on the PhDN) and then adding a ring count to it. I think though that by default if you use a code to CF the dn to voicemail it will use 3 rings.

Jason

Toshiba/Avaya/Nortel Installations and Service.

Honeywell-Paradox-Kantech-Keyscan-HIKvision Access control and CCTV
There is only 1 global system call forward timer. The Toshiba designers still haven't answered the tech's request for multiple timers.

There are 2 ways I have overcome this. As WiringSolution mentioned, manually enter a call-forward no answer code and enter a delay. You will need to assign an owner to that phantom first and that phone will always display CF-NA on the phone.

The other way I do it is to use a multiple call group and enter the voicemail pilot (400 in your case) in the table as Delay 2. Then manual set delay 2 in the MCG settings.

For some reason I had an issue one time when a second call came in to the MCG while the phone was ringing for the 1st call, the second call went directly to voicemail.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024