web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#558392 09/23/13 12:41 PM
pfonman Offline OP
OP Offline
Dont have a manual. I need to record sub menus, need to know how do I access them in adm. mode. Also looking on Avaya website for a programming manual, but all I can find are user guides. Any help is very appreciated.
pfonman

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Once in the admin menu, 3 for auto attendants, 1-4 for the AA number, then 3 for submenus. Dial the submenu number, and if it doesn't already exist, you are prompted to create it. Then treat it like an auto attendant, setting its selector codes (except 0) and recording the greeting. Then back up to your auto attendant, and you can set a selector code to go to a submenu.

Installation/programming manuals should be on support.avaya, or check the usual internet sources of manuals.

pfonman Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the reply, I'll check it out

pfonman Offline OP
OP Offline
BTW Is there any way to skip the sub-menus, & just say the ext nos. in the main greeting?

Of course - just record the AA prompt as "Thanks for calling XYZ company. For Fred, dial 10. For Barney, dial 11. For Betty, dial 12, and for Wilma, dial 13".

Set selector code 1 to Direct Extension Transfer, and it will know that when the caller presses 1 to wait for another digit and then transfer to the extension number

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
on small simple installations I've said,for Tommy press one for Skip press two for Sally press three ...don't even bother with the extension numbers

just as long as you have less than 9 employees and don't need the selector to do anything else that works pretty well

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
pfonman Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for your help, I finally got the SOB figured out. It was the nite menu we were having the problem with. When "Touch tone Tommy" said set selector code 1 to direct ext. Xfr, I checked the day menu, that was already direct ext xfr, so I checked the nite menu selector codes, & there it was # 1 was set for sub menu. Changed it to "DET" & all's well. I should say I did it by phone remotely after I found the * 7 to do it remotely.
Thanks again

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Gary S.), 141 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024