web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
We have a Partner Mail VS System. The boards on the wall say 206E and 4.1 on them. I dont know much about this old system but can provide more info as requested.

So today I setup a new extension. It was a previously unused one that we ran a cable for. All seemed fine during initial setup. But after the first call I got a complaint. It appears whenever he answers the phone, it immediately sounds like its dialing a number.

We have confirmed there is no forwarding setup and have reinitialized that extension. WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!

Thanks,

-John

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Partner Mail VS is not the system, its the voice mail. What verison processor do you have. 206 cards are very old. It could be a port problem.

Try moving to another extension port.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
You have programmed the extension into Hunt Group 7, which is reserved for Voicemail Ports only. You were probably wanting to assign Auto VMS Coverage, which is #310. But first, do #206-7-(Ext. No.)-2 to get it out of the group.

Well, I suggested moving the extension to another port because I assume this guy knows nothing about programming and that port was programmed that way, perhaps for an old Partner Mail.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moving it to another port still has at least one erroneous port in the hunt group, which will delay voicemail answering each time it cycles through this extension number. A better approach is to use Extension Copy from a working extension to this new one, which will solve the problem of not knowing the ins and outs of system programming.

OP Offline
While not an expert with this phone system I know enough to hop on ext. 10 and do some basic stuff. I do know how to follow direction and can look up the proper terms in the manual.

Once I remove it from Hunt Group 7, how do I assign it auto VMS #310. Is that through the ext. 10 menu system?

OP Offline
Automatic VMS was assigned to this extension. I got confused when I used #206 though. It wants a LINE where you mention Ext. No. It gives me angry beeps when I try to input 35 (Ext. No) when it is asking for a LINE. I didn't want to screw something up from the different terminology so I canceled out.

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
what I would do is go into system programing (at ext 10 or 11
) , look at what extensions are assigned to hunt group 7 and be sure that only the voice mail extensions are assigned

simplest way to find the vm extensions is to dial extensions until VM answers

all programs can be accessed via phone programing

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
OP Offline
Sorry Skip, but that confuses me more. I guess Hunt Group 7 is whats confusing me. I know it is for voicemail, but thats it. Do all extensions that use voicemail get assigned to this group? I assumed ALL extensions would want voicemail. Is Hunt Group 7 an extension number for the VM system? Or is it just a randomly assigned group number?

I hope we're going off-topic here because I just wanted to get rid of some odd beeps. I wasn't expecting a lesson on 20 year old phone equipment. :-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 101 guests, and 252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024