web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
bterry Offline OP
OP Offline
I know this is alot but I need help with this.
I have been out of the Inter-tel game for about 3 years, the last version of software I had training on was 6.0 and I never did an IP card.
Now I'm back in the game again and I'm alittle behind on all the new stuff Inter-tel has done and I'm alittle rusty.
Here goes:
I have to take a 9.002 dual KSU sys with a 256 cpu and swap it with a 512 fiber cpu so I can add a 3rd ksu and install an IPRC so I can install some IP phones at another site.
I figure I can swap all the chips and db from the cpu to the new one fairly easily and install the 3rd ksu without major problems but that still leaves me in the dark about the IPRC I've never done one. I know it connects to the data network and ip addresses have to be assigned but thats it. Someone please help me out, if I have forgotten anything please bring it to my attention. Thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

The DB will convert fine but there are no chips to swap between the v9 CPC and 512. They're two different animals. You also have a CPS to install before you get to the IPRC portion. 512 systems don't work the same as they did in v6. More equipment involved.

I wouldn't worry about the IPRC until you have everything needed to do the 512EAC upgrade.

The v9 CD should have some documentation in PDF format which will help you.

60% of the time it works every time
bterry Offline OP
OP Offline
Well now they are going to just eliminate a card out of the system to install the IPRC.
I would only need the cps if I added the 512 card right?

Correct.

bterry Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok so now what are the specs on the IPRC card?
I understand that they come in 3 sizes: 8 port, 16 port, and 32 port.
If I eliminate a dksc16 card and install a 32 port IPRC I can replace those 16 ports with 16 IP ports and replace the regular phones with IP phones that would plug into their network at their desks and I would have 16 ports left for the off site location. Correct?
Now I understand that there must be liscenses for each IP port?

You can do this, but you need to be mindful a few things.
  • 9.0 does not support NAT traversal
  • You'll have to reprogram the digital stations from scratch

If your remote IP phones will use the Internet as the backbone then you'll most likely have a near-end NAT to traverse -- not good for 9.0.

I really would encourage you to review the 9.0 Installation & Maintenance Manual and the IP Devices Manual.

bterry Offline OP
OP Offline
I really would encourage you to review the 9.0 Installation & Maintenance Manual and the IP Devices Manual.
I think thats an exellent idea unfortunately I don't have access to said manuals.
Do you know where I might download them?

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,283
Posts638,767
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,453 Shoretel
188,305 CTX100 install
187,084 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (nfcphoneman), 153 guests, and 296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024