web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
cammy Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi

I'm having a nightmare trying to get two way audio from our inter-tel cs5000 to a remote endpoint.

The remote endpoint is currently on a public IP for initial testing of the NAT on the local firewall. It can find the CS5000 and make calls. I can hear audio from the phone thats's inside the firewall, but no audio from the remote endpoint.

Looking at the nat translation table on our cisco router, I'm finding that the expansion card IP address is trying to make udp connections outbound on a variety of port numbers from around 6000-8000. The processor module IP is handling the TCP outbound connection on 5566.

I've tried changing the endpoint NAT through auto/nat/native but it makes no difference. Does the whole system need powercycled after this is changed?

Looking at the inbound acl on the firewall, the remote endpoint does not try and send any udp packets to the processor module natted IP.

Will this system even work without a VPN connection? The expansion module address trying to make outbound connections has thrown me a bit.

Sorry for the length of this

Cammy

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

The ports listed below are what I have found to work without any issues.

Alternative TFTP UDP:20001
Audio Stream Receive Ports UDP:6004-7039
Mitel Devices TCP:6800-6802
RTP/RTCP UDP:5004-5005
SAC Connection TCP:3998-3999,6880
Softphone GP UDP Port UDP:5567
Softphone TCP Call Control TCP:5566

Make sure the endpoint is configured for NAT and not Native. If you have a 5400 or 5600 which has the Processor Expansion Card, you will have to direct your 'Audio Stream Receive Ports' to that IP address.

cammy Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks

Aargh. A monster router config looms. As I need to nat two different internal IP's to the same public address there is no way that I'm aware of to nat a range of ports. It will have to be individual nat statements for each of the audio stream receive ports.

Are the audio stream receive ports fixed or are they configurable? We would never require 1000+ voice lines in the office.

cammy Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi

Is this even possible when the system has a processor expansion card? There doesn't seem to be a space in the system/IP programming for 2 x external NAT IP's and I can't see where this would be programmed in the phone.

Thanks

Cammy

cammy Offline OP
OP Offline
Forget that. I found the correct fields under - System > Devices & Feature Codes > IP Connections > Local >

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,099 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,799 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Professor Shadow, Toner), 178 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024