web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
ffej010 Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a customer who runs a lumber yard. They would like to be able to have some sort of two-way radio assigned to the yard manager which is tied into their phone system (NEC DSX) so that anyone in the store can hit a key on a system phone and speak with the yard manager. What is my best way of doing this?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Someone else on here posted a similar question a while back I remember. Lemme see if I can find it, someone suggested this device which ties the two systems together...

Blast I can't seem to find it.

But I made an assumption that the yard foreman is already carrying a two way radio? If not, maybe something instead like a long range cordless extension phone, or even a cellular phone may be a quicker solution?

ffej010 Offline OP
OP Offline
They are looking for 2-way radio functionality....but do not have a unit currently. I have been tasked to try and come up with a solution.

In the old days, SanBar made a 4" KTU that would go into a 1A2 KSU to interconnect a key system to a 2-way radio system. It allowed a user of any key set so equipped to press a locking line key (for receive) and then push an adjacent non-locking key for PTT. I installed many of these in Midtown Manhattan in the 1970's and 80's and often used a Spokesman or an Orator at the key set that would come on when the RCV key was pressed.

Without knowing how to interconnect to a modern electronic system, that's about all the advice I can share, other than to look on Google for the search term "interconnect telephone system to two-way radio" and see what you get.

This site https://www.motorolasolutions.com/w...al_Telephone_Interconnect_Fact_Sheet.pdf

looks promising, but the site is dated 2011, and therefore we have no idea if it's current or just some archaic information.

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

Admin
Admin
You would need to replace the phone system but TransTel has a RF card that works with Motorola radios.

Merritt

Business Telephones & Equipment + Commercial Audio/Video Products
Commercial Communications . . . Turner, Maine
If it was built after 1980 don't expect it to work right.

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,793
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,182 Shoretel
188,992 CTX100 install
187,380 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 112 guests, and 397 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024