web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
WJS Offline OP
OP Offline
I have an SV8100 installed at a small church. They only have 3 phones and 2 outside copper lines. The caller ID doesn't work thru the phone system but if I put the cheap Wal*Mart units in they works fine. I've worked with NEC on this, did traces and other trouble shooting procedures, and after many hours still no caller ID. They said the phone system is smart, thats why it doesn't work and the cheap units aren't smart thats why they work. Huh? Anyone else ever seen this?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

sk Offline
The trunks need to be flagged for CID, the station Cos needs to be flagged for caller iD display and you may need to increase the wait time for caller ID

Check loop current

Verify the following programming is complete:
14-01-22 enabled (ALL LINES)
14-02-10 enabled (ALL LINES)
15-03-09 enabled ( only required if using Single Line Sets on an analog ext)
20-09-01 & 02 CHECK for COS your phones are in
22-04 assign extensions to ring (must be a ringing phone)
15-02-40 set to 1 (not required)

Also verify when the carrier is sending the caller ID. You should be able to place a butt set on the line and when the call comes in listed for the data handshake, it should be on the second ring. You must wait two rings for the CID to appear.

Anthony Cascarelli

ARG Communications, Inc.
Wilmington, DE 190805

www.whyarg.com
Ver 9.0 is out and even if you do not have software assurance I recommend upgrading to receive the latest fixes.

I have almost the same problem with our SV8100. Outgoing calls to PSTN have their CID registered in the system. However for incoming calls, CID is not being registered. When using the Caller ID device provided by the telephone company, CID appears so this means that there is indeed an ID. However, the SV8100 doesn't display this ID information in its system.

We also have a GSM gateway device/modem that we use as one of our trunkline connected to the SV8100 to send and receive calls in a cellular phone network. All incoming and outgoing calls on this line have their CID register in the system without any problem.

As for brokeda's comment, may I know on how I can check the loop current?

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,461 Shoretel
188,321 CTX100 install
187,092 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 144 guests, and 389 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024