web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hello, We are installing a Large PC card voice mail on an existing Partner ACS.
It has been a few years since I have installed one.
My problem is I did not realize this card comes with only ONE auto attendant.
Is there a work around to have a separate day and night greeting for the auto attendant??
Documentation indicates this card only has one AA and does not mention more than one greeting.
They would like AA to answer all calls during the day and at night. Selector choices only during the day right now. Can Calls go to a voice mailbox at night instead of AA??
Thank You!

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Not without changing the programming in #206 and #208 (auto attendant vs. mailbox coverage). That's something that a user won't be able to do on a regular basis.

How about adding an ASA/DXD card, setting the DXD rings lower than the VMS Coverage rings, turn DXD on during the day for a basic auto attendant, turn it off at night, and turn DND on at the covering extension for night service.

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
How about adding Partner Messaging and do it the way you want. That will give you a lot of options.

OP Offline
If I go with Partner Messaging instead of the PC card will I be able to ring multiple phones in a group then have the call overflow to a mailbox or forward to a receptionist if not answered?
Will I be able to have separate day and night greetings and be able to change from one to the other by just pressing the "night ring" button on a telephone??
Can the selector codes have any extension assigned to them (ie. press 1 for Ext 12, press 2 for Ext 13)or would I have to use the higher selector digits like the PC card?
Also, I have a non working Partner Messaging system in stock. Are they repairable if they die?
Is the older two port license card useable in new Partner Messaging systems or would I need to buy another?
THANK YOU!!!

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
The Avaya Partner Messaging is a reliable voice mail system. Replacement hard drives are available online.

Yes to being able to custom assign Selector Codes.

I Love FEATURE 00
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
And yes to most if not all questions

OP Offline
Hello again, Customer has decided to go with the LG V mail card. We would like to provide the night info using a selector code and mailbox. It looks like this card will not do phantom mailboxes???
I am setting this up and testing ahead of time at my shop. ACS R6.
I am having a hard time getting a AA transferred CO call to ring an extension then forward to a voice mailbox.
Intercom calls will forward but not CO calls.
After programming the below options now the phone will not ring on CO calls or forward to VM. Ext 17 MB 8.
I set up #310 Auto VMS cover and #321 to two rings.
I also programmed a DND button. It made no difference on CO calls
Am I missing a step to get CO calls to ring and then to forward to the extensions mailbox??
Second, is there a way to have "ring all" hunt groups?
I set up hunt group 1 and it rings one extension for 3 rings then moves to the next.
Third, the volume seems extremely high when playing any voice mail message or greeting. Any way to adjust?
VM is set to default 8 mailboxes.
THANKS!!!

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Nope for the first and volume control questions. You can log in as the Admin to set the number of active mailboxes.

I Love FEATURE 00
I am having a hard time getting a AA transferred CO call to ring an extension then forward to a voice mailbox.
Intercom calls will forward but not CO calls.

Do you have 206 programmed properly?

It looks like this card will not do phantom mailboxes

You certainly can have a call sent to an extension without a phone.

-Hal

Last edited by hbiss; 11/18/13 06:41 PM.

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
I will check 206 tomorrow.
I do not remember if I programmed as assigned or VMS cover.
How should it be for this set up?
THANKS!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Gary S.), 143 guests, and 247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024