web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
RonP #562570 12/10/13 12:22 PM
If you're giving a gift expecting something in return can it really be called a gift?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

bpitt #562573 12/10/13 12:38 PM
I'm headed to Haiti this weekend. They need someone to work on washing machines in an orphanage, I once did that kind of work while waiting a job. I've been trying to get there for a couple of months and haven't been able to make the connections, but this week it will happen.
Honestly I'm scared to death that I'll be an observer and not a do-er. Not what I'm hoping for.
By the way, I've never been to NY but I have spent quuite a bit of time in Boston, which I has the same rep. Get past the gruffness and there are no better people anywhere.
I am the rube from Kansas and to some degree I agree with the comment about west coast folks. Some of those folks are all show and no go. There again, MOST of those folks are very good people.
I've traveled the USA and I'm just real proud of the generosity and empathy in our land. I would say that no other country donates time and money overseas like ours. Now that's a gift.

bpitt #562577 12/10/13 01:57 PM
I would say that no other country donates time and money overseas like ours. Now that's a gift.

Ooof! Don't even go there. What, we don't have any people of our own that need help? We sent how much to the Philippines, what the hell did they ever do for us?

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
bpitt #562578 12/10/13 02:04 PM
Let's get this topic back on track. You're not being fair to the OP. Further off topic comments will be removed.

Retired phone dude
bpitt #562623 12/10/13 08:57 PM
RIP Moderator-General
RIP Moderator-General
No Barry you didn't start the Civil War..you asked a simple question and hopefully Bill put the cease fire in effect. Now maybe we can get you some more great idea's for your volunteer work that you are looking for. I'm sure there is plenty out there and wanting to follow in your "pops" footsteps it pretty cool. Keep up the search and see what comes up some good ideas have hit the forum already.....Good Luck

...bob...

Bob Wells
WellComm, Inc.

"As long as nobody's dead or in jail, it can't be all that bad ! "
Wellco #562631 12/10/13 09:34 PM
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
I just donated most of my profit to a local land preservation organization. I'll end up making a couple of hundred dollars on an 8 phone installation.

But … one of my customers is on the board and i am a trail steward and it will be good press for me on top of doing a nice thing.

bpitt #562644 12/11/13 12:46 AM
legitimate charity make you feel kinda good after a job well done. smile

Trump 2020
Proud 1 star member.
bpitt #562662 12/11/13 01:25 PM
It is all our responsibility to be good stewards of the blessings we have been given. Five minutes on the internet and a person can find out a wealth of information, good and bad, about a charity.

We donate a lot of equipment to a local Christian school here. There are ALWAYS grateful and they take such good care of everything we have given them. I got a plumbing contractor and a carpenter to donate material and now that school has one of the best "pre" trade school programs around. Once in the school year, I "teach" a class on 1A2 just to show the kids what granddad used to work with. Then they have a better appreciation of the new stored program control digital systems. The kids that take the classes are mostly high school aged boys but, every once in a while, there may be a girl or two in the class.

We also donate material to a special needs school. These kids are so very special and a lot of fun to work with. Most of the special needs schools have what they call pre-vocational classes. They teach everything from woodworking and metal working to electrical systems and communications systems. These kids are a little slower, but when they realize what the systems can do, they are some of the best students anyone could hope to have. I don't teach there, but I do sit in on the classes and enjoy watching the kids learn how these systems work.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,289
Posts638,797
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,355 Shoretel
189,018 CTX100 install
187,394 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 21
teleco 6
dexman 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 138 guests, and 248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024