web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I've been looking for a Touch Tone adapter card to go with my 207C Dial intercom. In the corresponding BSPs, I found a 247 BQB, 426 ABC, 440A, a 470, 478 BD and a 494 A all listed as TT converters. I need help! Which one should I be using? While I know there are other manufacturers, I wanted to keep my system all WE! I read in one post that TT Converters were always a source of problems... can anyone expand on that so I know what I'm in for?

I'm using the Modular Panel 641A for the intercom services. I also have several other special services KTUs, however I don't have the 642A Panel for these KTUs. Anyone willing to part with one? please email me.

Lastly, in the unobtainum department, I'm looking for the Dial Tone Detection kit of parts for a Touch a Matic. This enables you to touch an auto dial button, with the 4A speakerphone turning on automatically when dial tone is sensed. I watch eBay daily, and no luck for the last 2 years; so again, anyone who has one, I would appreciate hearing from you.

I also wanted to mentioned that I have picked up so much great info on all these posts where other's problems were solved; puts Google to shame! Thanks, Jim

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
As I recall, the 247 was the TT adapter for the 207C. ITT never made one, they had a 347 that did not require installing a 207.

To be honest, once the Teltone/Melco type Intercom units made their appearance on the scene we dumped all stock in the older models and just went to the newer units for everything.

I never worked much with the WECO products, so I'm not the best source for information on those other products. Hopefully Ed or Arthur or Bill or......someone will check in soon and give you some better info.

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"
The adapter for a 207C is the 247B. All the WE 4xx series cards are intended to be used together in various combinations, but none is intended to be used with the 207C.

If you are interested in keeping the 207C running, and adding an adapter, the 247A is extremely rare, and goes for around $400 among collectors. It is a bitch to install and calibrate. The 247B is a plug-n-play version, and can be bought for around $100. Once the 247 adapter is wired in, if you are using only DTMF stations, the 207C just provides the talking path. If you are intending to use a combination of rotary and DTMF stations, the 207C still operates the rotary stations.

The 407, 424, etc, are the replacements. Some are simply selector, one-path ICMs, and others are more complicated, with two talk paths, flashing lamps, call progress tones, etc.

They are available for low prices. I have several available if you are interested, but I don't have a spare 642 panel that I can let go.

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

OP Offline
Arthur, Thanks for clearing up the designations. I have a 424C, 19 codes. Does this support TT, or do I need a TT adapter for it (if so, what KTUs would work?). I'm using a mixture of rotary and TT sets.

What would you use a 478B TT Adapter KTU with?

Any ideas on the Touch a Matic dial tone detector kit of parts?

Thanks,
Jim

The two circuit boards that go into a TAM-32, the dial tone detector and the one-touch dialer, are both on many collectors' want list. They are both made of UNobtainium.

I believe that the 424C supports rotary and DTMF. You might try it and let us know. The BSP for the 424 series is ambiguous, stating at one point that the 424 is used for rotary dialing, and at another point stating that the "C" version is more tolerant of rapid Touch Tone digits.

The BSP for the entire 400-series KTU's is 518-215-402.

Here it is in pdf form:

https://telephonecollectors.info/index.php/document-repository/doc_details/10055-518-215-402-i4

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

Moderated by  ChrisRR, EV607797, Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,768
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,453 Shoretel
188,305 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (James D.), 133 guests, and 311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024