web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello Yall,
I have a technician in the field, who needs help identifying which MoH pair to punch down on. The phone system is a Nortel Norstar M12X0

Thanks a lot for your help

We are a Message on Hold Company that contracts phone technicians Worldwide...Earn money with us by doing installations, referrals or both...please call or email for details.

Ollie North
www.Spectrio.com
[email protected]
800-584-4653 ext. 6440
Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
There is no Norstar M12x0.
That is just an expansion module on a Norstar system.
Do you have an 8x24 or a MICS ?

Also - you don't have any profile info.
Please fill that out so we know who your are.

If CON is the opposite of PRO
Then what is the opposite of Progress?
OP Offline
Thank you, I just updated my profile. I asked the tech to give me that info, but he was uncertain. I provided him with the following info already, but he seemed to be unclear what he was working with:

THESE SYSTEMS CONNECT MOH VIA PUNCH-DOWN TERMINALS AND REQUIRE A TECHNICIAN FOR PROGRAMMING AND INSTALLATION.

THEY ALL REQUIRE PROGRAMMING OF FEATURE CODE 86.

4/8 AND 6/16 SYSTEMS: VIOLET-SLATE/SLATE-VIOLET (THERE IS ONLY ONE CABLE OUT OF THE KSU).

3/8 AND 8/24 SYSTEMS: VIOLET/SLATE SLATE/VIOLET ON STATION CABLE (THERE ARE TWO CABLES OUT OF THE KSU)

0/32 SYSTEMS: YELLOW/ORANGE/YELLOW (THIS IS THE LARGEST SYSTEM).

4/16 SYSTEMS: VIOLET/GREEN GREEN/VIOLET.

We are a Message on Hold Company that contracts phone technicians Worldwide...Earn money with us by doing installations, referrals or both...please call or email for details.

Ollie North
www.Spectrio.com
[email protected]
800-584-4653 ext. 6440
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Feature 86 only permits each telephone the ability to have music on that phone and THAT depends on whether it is permitted in Installer programming. Nothing to do with Music On Hold.

I suggest you, and better yet, all your techs start studying the manuals for each system that they will be working on.

You or they also need to get into Installer Programming to be able to do the programming AND find out exactly which system you're working on. (3x8, Compact, Modular 8x24, CICS, MICS, BCM) as well as any other brand other than Nortel.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
I can't imagine why that information didn't give him enough to go on. Are you sure he should be working on these?

"There is one thing and only one thing in which it is granted to you to be free in life, all else being beyond your power: that is to recognize and profess the truth." - Leo Tolstoy
If your customer is in the Austin area, there are plenty of good Nortel techs that could have completed that task in about 5 minutes. Armed with the information you provided, any competent tech should have been able to figure it out even without a background in Nortel.

www.highspeedtele.com
Dallas & Fort Worth, TX
OP Offline
I agree with yall, this technician did not seem to have ever worked on a Nortel system before. The client is in Toronto Canada, so we don't have as many resources in that area as we do here in the States

Thank you for your comments

Ollie North
www.Spectrio.com
[email protected]
800-584-4653 ext. 6440
Originally Posted by SugarDaddy
...The client is in Toronto Canada, so we don't have as many resources in that area as we do here in the States...

You're kidding, right? Nortel once held about 95% of the Canadian market. There are thousands of X-Bell techs in the Toronto area alone, many of whom are either running their own businesses like myself, or are working for someone else.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
Cough!

=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
[Linked Image from telcopc.ca]
Toronto, Canada

$10 an hour???

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,288
Posts638,794
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,350 Shoretel
189,000 CTX100 install
187,391 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 125 guests, and 399 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024