web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
simon80 Offline OP
OP Offline
I thought this was pretty straight forward, I select Transfer instead of Record beside "Chain done" and the caller would be transferred to whatever ext I put in after the instructional greeting was finished. The caller is still prompted to leave a message though, what am I missing?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

simon80 Offline OP
OP Offline
Just to clarify, I have 2 mailboxes that should be informational only. I would like to have the call looped back to the main greeting at 990 if the caller remains on the line after listening to the informational greeting.

You would want to uncheck the box tht says "Store Messages".

Also, Toshia never recommends that you create a loop with mailboxes. In theory if the caller hangs up during the message, the voicemail should receieve a disconnect message from the phone system and clear the port, but it is very possible that the port never releases and the port gets loocked up. When this happens your only choice is to reboot the voicemail system.

If you chain from the main message to another mailbox, then I usually have the last mailbox in the chain do a hangup (chain done 999).

You can loop back to the main greeting if the caller pressed a menu option to get to your informational mailboxes. Such as if you had option 2 on the main menu for directions. After the mailbox plays the message I will usually have chain done back to 990. If thas is your design then you should be OK to loop back to 990.

simon80 Offline OP
OP Offline
When I uncheck the Store Message box the caller is no longer transferred to the mailbox. It just loops back to the beginning of 990 greeting instead of getting the instructional greeting on ext 2016 when they dial 6.
I have chain done set to default right now on ext 2016.

Only mailbox 990 has an instructional greeting by default, even though there is an option to record an instructional greeting.

Is this a mailbox that gets answered after ringing a phone? Sometime when the RNA is set to record, but the mailbox has store recording unchecked, it will jump to the main default greeting. If you dialed 2016 from the main greeting then i should play the greeting (not the instructional greeting, then follow chain done.

simon80 Offline OP
OP Offline
2016 is set as a Pilot DN in Emanager, its not supposed to be answered. When 1 of our main # is called, they hear the 990 instructional greeting, which is where they would dial 6 for more options which is transferred to 2016. They hear the greeting on 2016 but they are prompted to leave vm at the end. What should RNA and chain done be set to if the store message box is unchecked? I am not too concerned whether it loops back to 990 or 2016 at the end of 2016 greeting, I just need it to stop recording messages.
Thanks for the help.

Last edited by simon80; 03/04/14 12:25 PM.
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Use the @P token if it's an informational box only. If the caller arrives at mailbox 2016 from 990 then in the extension field of mailbox 2016, put @P(G1)G(XXX) where XXX is either 990 if you want it to go back to 990 greeting or 999 if you want it to hang up. Record your greeting for mailbox 2016 using greeting 1. Uncheck the DND in mailbox 2016.

The RNA china should not come into effect if the caller is going from the main menu to this informational mailbox. You should not need a pilot DN since the call should stay within the voicemail system.

Phonemeister's token suggestion should work for you. Once the system hits the token in the extension field, normal mailbox functions, such as taking a message, are no longer enabled. You should be able to send the caller to mailbox 990 without fear of the loop I mentioned earlier.

simon80 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks, the token worked and I deleted the pilot DNs. The only thing now is the delay, it immediately loops back to 990 after greeting is done. I need to give the caller more time and last time I configured that I entered a number 1-999 in chain delay box. However, there is no change whatever number I enter in the delay field.

simon80 Offline OP
OP Offline
I was able to get the pause I needed by throwing in a comma before G(990). Thanks again for the help getting things back to where they were!

I have one other issue that somewhat relates, since it involves using a token but I will just start a new post.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,769
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,456 Shoretel
188,311 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 132 guests, and 298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024