web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Greetings,
I have an SBX-320 with an expansion cabinet running 3.5 software. Customer was down hard and after listening to the issue over the phone I determined it was system related.

Had the user power down both cabinets and power back up. The system returned to normal with the exception of the attendant station (100). I was informed a week later that the attendant station has buttons 2 & 4 blinking almost like 2 seconds on and a second off. This blinking occurred since the original problem so it appears to be related. Just for giggles I had them swap phones and the issue appears to be with the port and not the phone. (No real surprise there)

Anyway is there a way to reset the port or has anybody else seen this problem as well? Can you provide the steps for resetting the port if that is possible?

Also they are reporting that they can no longer set the clock (DST) from the attendant station like they use to. (Never had a problem with that before)

Thanks in advance
Jon

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Sounds to me like it is no longer the attendant station. I suspect the it has been swapped...you don't have a dss next to it do you? If it is still 100 then they have forgotten how to set the time correctly.

It isn't hard to relocate a station and it has be done by accident.

1. Press [TRANS], then * 1 (for station back up).
2. Unplug the station.
To retrieve stored station attributes once a station has been relocated:
1. Plug the phone in at another properly wired jack.
2. Press [TRANS], then * 2 (for station retrieve).
The station is relocated in the system, and all station attributes are copied to the
current station location.

Last edited by Derrick; 03/10/14 12:40 PM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
If there is a DSS console, make sure that they did not get swapped at the jacks.

Scotty Woods
Installation Technician
N.E.T. Systems
Blytheville, Arkansas
OP Offline
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the suggestions...
Unfortunately I do not have a DSS console

I did however program each phones (24-button) spare buttons for DSS calling to other stations.

So I called the customer from the road today and had them try calling the station in question from another phone. The extension in question rang without issue and the display on the station in question has the proper name and extension on it.

It appears to me that the station was in some sort of a process when the system went down hard, thus causing residual issue once it was rebooted.

I plan on going onsite this Saturday, but I was hoping there may be a way to do a soft reset on the port/station.
One item that came to mind is maybe programming the port as a SLT and then reprogramming it back as a digital station.

Any other ideas?

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Phones that are in DND cause any DSS light programmed for that extension to blink.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

OP Offline
Unfortunately that is not the case

I confirmed that the user was not in DND. Also note that this is the attendant station for sure as you can dial 0 and ring that phone without issue.

The buttons that are blinking are line appearances. Lines 2 and 4. If you push either of those flashing lights you get dial tone as you should.

That is why I believe the phone was in some sort of a state when the whole system went down, hence I was wondering if there was a way to reset/reboot that specific port.

Never saw this one before.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Sounds like the lines have been blocked. At the attendant station, dial PGM 073. Press the two blinking buttons to toggle them back into service.

OP Offline
Not sure I understand what you mean by line might be blocked.

While the lines are idle, you can still selecting the blinking light/button and get dial tone from the station in question.

If the lines were blocked would you still get dial tone?

I will be on site tomorrow, so I can try your suggestion.

Any other ideas?
Is there a way to do a reset on at the individual port level?

I picked Saturday in case I need to take the system down. So I am open to anything.

thanks

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
There is an attendant function that blocks the lines from any dial 9 access. When activated the lines blink.

www.myrandomviews

OP Offline
Folks,
When you site Saturday and addressed some of the issues the customer was having

The blinking lights problem is still an issue however on the two line appearances.
They have to be feature related because I changed the buttons from line appearance to feature/function and the lights go out without issue (No surprise)

The station is definitely correct (Attendant dial 0 or 100)
Line appearance make and receive calls with no problem, so the lines are actively in service.

The blinking light sequence is (3) fast blinks (1) short pause.

Derrick you may be onto something regarding the dial 9 access, as I read your post after I went on site. I do believe however that one of the lines in question is accessible via dial 9 as we use it for the fax machine. I would have had a report of not being able to fax outbound as this issue has been more of an annoyance than a real problem so they lived with it for awhile.

Any other ideas?
Also do you know where I can find that dial 9 access restriction? Attendant manual?

This one has more more curious than anything....

thanks all for your suggestions

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,791
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,124 Shoretel
188,989 CTX100 install
187,373 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 6
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 150 guests, and 178 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024