web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#567156 02/26/14 03:52 AM
hacky Offline OP
OP Offline
For those who never got Automatic Fax Transfer working, here is your answer. The folks at LG-Nortel built feature pack 4 last summer and it was posted to Vconnect as 4.0A.c. It was like Christmas morning...everyone was overjoyed at getting the dial-0 for attendant from a mailbox, turning off that ugly Auto Ring Mode light, the long-anticipated new AA Overflow destinations...the world was happy! But, build 'c' has some bugs. LG-Nortel worked those out and only two months later, build 'e' was being tested, in July of last summer. It later passed production testing and was provided to Vertical tech support agents and dealers. It was then emailed out to customers reporting problems that were related to that build, namely, Auto Fax Xfer.

Sadly, build 'e' never made it to Vconnect. Additionally, its previous build, 'd', which is now being programmed onto current shipping KSUs in lieu of 3.5, never made it to Vconnect either. Neither myself nor JR at Hoosiers are sure which bug(s) were corrected on 'd' as of this moment but Auto Fax was not one of them. I have a suspicion that the recent Analog CO Volume tech tip might be addressed in some form in 'e', but I haven't had a chance to confirm this.

Despite the absence of 'd' and 'e', I can browse numerous old flavors of builds such as 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5 that are marked beta and download those old builds as I please.

If you need Incoming Fax Transfer to work, load build 'e', which is still the latest flavor of 4.0. You can get it from Hoosiers, myself, or tylan (thanks Tylan for providing it to me for testing). JR at Hoosiers told me he emailed the folks at Vconnect asking them why are they not posting the new software and keeping Vconnect updated. They never did bother to write back to him. There are probably other bugs fixed between 'c' and 'e' but no changelog is available. These can only be inferred from tech support calls and stories from other installers.

In conclusion, the latest software on Vconnect for SBX has confirmed problems. Tech support can confirm that and email you better software. We can download old beta stuff, but not new production stuff from Vconnect. Makes sense to me. I wish Vertical had something similar to Inter-Tel's Engineering FTP site, maintained by the developers themselves. It seems Vconnect is more of a blog than a tech resource portal.

Hackbarth Communications, L.L.C. - Serving South Central Wisconsin's Telecom Needs
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Comdial
Moderator-Comdial
Run an SBX in my shop and use auto-fax transfer. It works fine!

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Hacky, if you have access to Vertical's FTP site the latest software for any system shows up there first. That is where I always look. It doesn't show up on V-connect until after being in service and tested for sometime.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
hacky Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm glad it works for you jwooten, but that isn't the case for all customers. The feature may not be broken completely, but there are indeed known bugs affecting some configurations, including mine. JR has the details.

Derrick, that explains everything. I didn't know that site existed. Thanks for that.

Hackbarth Communications, L.L.C. - Serving South Central Wisconsin's Telecom Needs
We cried when we became the beta testers soon we will be the alpha testers and if they could they would open the source code and we could write the code to fix all the bugs ourselves. They are all the same rush it out then fix it on the fly to hell with the customer everyones does the same so where can they go. Corporate mindset at its worst.

I have had several issues with the Auto Transfer Feature. I have quit telling my customers that it will do it and just install a Stick.

Scotty Woods
Installation Technician
N.E.T. Systems
Blytheville, Arkansas
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
I have the auto transfer working at several sites without an issue, that anyone has told me about. Most of these sites are all 3.5. I also have faxes on SBX pris as well, also without issue using the latest 4.x.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
I don't remember having issues with the fax transfer either, but I don't have many people using it.

If you're feeling brave, 4.0Af is on the Vertical FTP.

Business IT & Telephony Solutions
https://www.dsitechservices.com
hacky Offline OP
OP Offline
I installed the 'e' build and Fax Transfer started working. I have no idea what is different about the configuration here since others had no problems on 'c'.

A changelog would be welcome. I wonder what is different about the 'f' build? I would personally skip that letter altogether because if it has a problem, the jokes will ensue that it was the F'd build.

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, Touch Tone Tommy), 119 guests, and 248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024