Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
OP Offline
We have a customer (a hospital) that needs to override toll restriction levels on some stations during emergencies. Normally, we just create a system speed dial bin between 9060 and 9099 with only a pause stored in it. The caller presses their speed button, dials 9090 and unrestricted dial tone is returned to them for that one call. It works great when using POTS lines.

But this customer has two PRIs.....

Pressing speed and 9090 returns a busy signal. We have tried inserting a 1 in the bin, which just returns a "cannot be completed" recording. We have tried multiple pauses. Nothing works. Same thing here on our system at the office. It appears that whatever is stored in the speed bin is immediately outpulsed to the CO before any dialing can be done. Note that we are not using LCR at this site, although we have tried it both ways.

Dialing 801 to select a trunk group first doesn't work in any combination either.

Using account codes requires an account code button on all of the phones, which we can't do. Any ideas?

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
If forced acct codes F05 is disabled, you can't you use F31 Traveling Account Code / Verified Acct code?

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

OP Offline
I think that still requires an account code button, doesn't it?

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
You shouldn't need a button because I am positive I have this setup at one of the schools that I take care of and all classroom phones are SLT they dial the code enter there account code and 9 for outside line access.

What if you set up a virtual to fwd to a DID that you set up for DISA? They dial the extension and it rings back into the system via the DID for DISA access to dial out then?!! I think that would work.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Account code button is required when dialing from a Digital phone but not from an slt of course. Traveling cos is your best bet for this operation.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Yes. It requires a programmed flex button.
What if you create a virtual station that is off-net forwarded to a pool group? Of course, that opens up a whole new can of worms.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
The button does not have the travel COS account code, just the feature code to enter the account code...if you know what I mean.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
I don't remember which takes precedence, the co or station toll restriction, but could you possibly make a few line channels cos 1 and have the customer dial 88005 or 88006 etc.? If they have 2 pri's I doubt dialing 9 would ever get to those channels for normal users. Worth a shot!

"I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken"

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,788
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,109 Shoretel
188,988 CTX100 install
187,373 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 4
dans 4
Who's Online Now
6 members (James D., mongo5150, teleco, Carl Navarro, justbill, Toner), 131 guests, and 176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024