Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
mdzamud Offline OP
OP Offline
Has anyone successfully used an android based phone with the MBX IP? I have looked for a while now and have not found anything. The closes I have come is to finding an app that I'm looking for is from 3CX which is a soft PBX company.
The goal is to have a mobile phone as an IP phone coming off othe the MBX IP unit.

Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
MBX Feature Pack 2.5 with feature key available now from Vertical.

MBX IP Web Phone – A unique mobility solution for remote users that requires only a web browser. After accessing the MBX IP web page, users simply click on the Web Phone option to log in through a secure interface and gain access to a fully functioning, web-based IP softphone.

This is a new function so the mbxip web page is going to be hosted on your customer's mbx.

I assume the browser can be on a smart phone or tablet or laptop.

Last edited by Derrick; 03/26/14 04:32 PM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
mdzamud Offline OP
OP Offline
It does not work on Android browsers. I've tried stock,Chrome and FireFox. Also once you click on the hyperlink it asks you to install a plugin. I doubt its compatible with Android OS and iOS devices since it will not show up on the web browser as a hyperlink. Any other thoughts?

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
The documentation shows web phone working with explorer. I suppose it is more for remote users than mobile users, unless you have explorer on a laptop. I am curious as to what kind of plug-in wants to be installed.

Did you get a key from Vertical to make this active?

Last edited by Derrick; 03/26/14 05:51 PM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

mdzamud Offline OP
OP Offline
Yeah our installer did. I went to his shop and tried to get it to load on a S3 stock with Android 4.3.
He loaded it on another laptop while I was there but clicked yes to install before I had a chance to see what it had installed.

There has to be a way of doing this. Just have not figured out how. Especially since it has four IP phone slots built in.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Actually it doesn't have four ip phones built in..it has four ip ports but they have to be configured for what you want them to be. You might need a dealer who knows the voip part of the MBX really well to help you with this. He can contact tech support for help as well.

www.myrandomviews

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Derrick, does the MBX support SIP extensions? If so, the OP could use the 3CX, Bria or other soft-phone app to connect to the MBX.

The IPECS has had the web-phone for a couple of years. I would never think of selling it. You would have to expose it to the web and hackers, or have the users connect via VPN. Might as well use Phontage (softphone) then.

BTW, the IPECS does have a soft-phone app. I would assume that it will eventually come to the MBX.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
The MBX uses third party sip phones, it does require a Vertical unlock key to use them. It also uses the SBX Nomad Soft phone, which is Windows based. That doesn't help with Droid smart phones.

www.myrandomviews

If you can use a 3rd party SIP Phone, you can connect the 3CX client, or the Bria app.

BTW, the Nomad is the same thing as Phontage.

mdzamud Offline OP
OP Offline
Yesterday I had the installer out. We tried to network the 3CX and the MBX together. My goal was to try to pickup dial tone and dial out through the MBX. We "think" we had port 32 configured properly. No luck so far.
We are having issues trying to pick up a truck from the MBX.
The 3CX app works great on their PBX. Just wanting to use a app over Wifi only like an IP phone would.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,785
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,065 Shoretel
188,981 CTX100 install
187,207 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (dans), 129 guests, and 180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024